1 (edited by JohnS 2004-01-25 15:10)

Topic: Announcements

If I enable Announcements in Options it doesn't show when I return to forum pages. Is this a known problem?
I've installed latest FrankH Attachment mod ( just let u know in case this matters)

PS
I've modified redirect.tpl in my installation so that redirect page looks same as all other pages (i.e. full width)

regards
JohnS

I've been down so long it's beginning to look like up..

Re: Announcements

If you have an empty annoncement box (i.e. remove the text and not fill in your own), the announcement is automatically set to no (as there was no message to show)

I have tested on both a clean 1.1.1, and the 1.1.1 with my attachment Mod installed, and I have no problem at all with showing the announcements.

Your redirect page that's different shouldn't affect this, as the alteration is made before that template should be contacted...

Also, make sure you have <pun_announcement> in your main template.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

4 (edited by JohnS 2004-01-25 15:57)

OK you win!
I'd modified main.tpl in a previous version to include graphics and had installed this version - hence no <pun_announcement> included.
Works fine now - good job you guys know what you're doing!

Thanks
JohnS

Edit: btw I was pointing out that your redirect.tpl was different format to rest of site, not suggesting this was anything to do with Announcements not working.

I've been down so long it's beginning to look like up..

I see now that I had forgotten to mention the addition of <pun_announcement> in the upgrade instructions for 1.1, so I'm as much to blame as you :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."