Topic: topic status

Hi everybody,

I've been searching punres.org and this forum but I couldn't find any answer :-/ The only related topic is [topic 59355] Topic status (configurable by forum).

I would like to have topic status such as "new", "answer expected", "discussion in progress", "resolved".

Is there any way to do this?

Re: topic status

Moved to Modifications wink

Up. I'm surprised nobody has ever had this need.

If there isn't something like this made already, I think I could make this into a smallproject for me to try and do.

When I get home from school today, I'll see what I can do with this.

Without programming, I would have nothing to do...nahhhh

OK, great. You can count on me for help and tests.

Okay, tell me some details about this now though.

How would you like it done? Something like this:

(new) Topic Title
(answer expected) Topic Title
(discussion in progress) Topic Title
(resolved) Topic Title

So, that when you open up a forum, there will be text next to the title of a topic with the current status (which is set by the author of the topic) can be shown. Tell me if I'm in the ball park.

Sam Rusch wrote:

How would you like it done? Something like this:

(new) Topic Title
(answer expected) Topic Title
(discussion in progress) Topic Title
(resolved) Topic Title

So, that when you open up a forum, there will be text next to the title of a topic with the current status (which is set by the author of the topic) can be shown. Tell me if I'm in the ball park.

That would be good "first version" :-)

As any topic must have a status, the best for us would be to have a table dedicated column in viewforum.php.

The most important would be to be able to search topics having a specific status. For example, I think I will often search topics "new" and "answer expected".

The MOD would be very generic if the admin can create his own status (need a "status" table in the database).

Okay, I'll try something for this when I get home later today.