Topic: Punbb & Memory usage

Hello! Punbb seems to use a large amount on memory on my system...

Allowed memory size of 31457280 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10 bytes)
[Mon Apr 23 21:29:19 2007] [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server "/srv/www/fr/forum.ubuntu-fr.org/bin/php4-cgi" (pid 6429) terminated due to uncaught signal '11'
(Segmentation fault)
[Mon Apr 23 21:29:19 2007] [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server "/srv/www/fr/forum.ubuntu-fr.org/bin/php4-cgi" (uid 1011, gid 1011) restarted (pid 1172)
[Mon Apr 23 21:29:19 2007] [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server "/srv/www/fr/forum.ubuntu-fr.org/bin/php4-cgi" (pid 5903) terminated due to uncaught signal '11'
(Segmentation fault)
[Mon Apr 23 21:29:19 2007] [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server "/srv/www/fr/forum.ubuntu-fr.org/bin/php4-cgi" (pid 32287) terminated due to uncaught signal '11'
(Segmentation fault)

Yeah, fastcgi doesn't seem to like becoming out of memory wink But anyway, over 30MB seems like huuuge to me.. Our board is quite large, but I must admit I expected the memory consumption of every process not to grow like this..

Someone, any idea? What can cause punbb to use more memory when the board grows?

Re: Punbb & Memory usage

First thing I'm thinking of is modifications. wink

It would be great though if you could figure out what file is causing that issue for you and provide the code for it. That way, we can try to figure out what the problem is smile

Concerning mod installed.. The subforum thing is a self made, it doesnt use more memory than if I wasnt using it (just hides subforums with a type=2 and that's it)... Else hhm..  the bbocde one.. we don't have much mods running.
Concerning the file concerned, hihihi, if only I knew smile Maybe the search? Btw how good is the fulltext search mod now?

Yann wrote:

Concerning mod installed.. The subforum thing is a self made, it doesnt use more memory than if I wasnt using it (just hides subforums with a type=2 and that's it)... Else hhm..  the bbocde one.. we don't have much mods running.
Concerning the file concerned, hihihi, if only I knew smile Maybe the search? Btw how good is the fulltext search mod now?

Without knowing what page/code is causing the error, there's no way to debug it. Search is possible, but it could also be a FastCGI issue, for example.