Topic: PM plugin - I can not understand the instruction

I am not new to php installs but I can not sort the instructions for the PM plugin. Please show me and I will create better instructions on where these files go. I added the line numbers. I understand 3-6 and that is all. Please interpret lines 1-2, I am confused.

1- install_mod.php to /

2 - files/*.* to /

3 - files/plugins/AP_Private_messaging.php to
4 - /plugins/AP_Private_messaging.php

5- files/include/pms/*.* to /include/pms/

6- files/lang/English/pms.php to /lang/English/pms.php

Thank you,

Caps

2 (edited by Strofanto 2007-04-24 16:34)

Re: PM plugin - I can not understand the instruction

1. means: upload the file called install_mod.php to the root ( / ) of your forum folder (ie. where all the forums files are)
2. means: upload all the files (* is a wildcard, so any file with any extension) in the root (see above) of the forum.
I hope this is what you wanted to know.

Moved to Modifications
It's a modification that includes a plugin

4 (edited by caps 2007-04-24 17:23)

Ok so I understand the "/" as being the root. What has me confused is that the "files" folder is placed in the root, but files within the "files" folder is also placed into the /includes and /plugin folders. I am sorry I am dense on this.

I guess line 2 is what has me confused. It looks as though you are uploading the "files" for the root and within the "files" you are copying those files to other locations.

Caps

All FILES in the files folder are uploaded to the root. As in, when you open the files folder, any files you can see without opening another folder.

Strofanto, Smartys and others who would have assisted, thank you. All is working now.:)

Caps