1 (edited by Kryptman 2007-05-03 18:13)

Topic: One problem with punPortal

Hello people !
Im having a problem with punPortal atm. I install my forum with punbb 1.2.15 and all plugins works nice, except punPortal. At the beginning, I have my forum and one kind of "portal", that didnt have any news or other options (only Welcome, Login and two more boxes). In the administration pannel I clicked on one option (in Display News, or something like that) and when I click on update and go to the index.php I recieved this error message:

--------------------------------------------------------------
File: /****/***/public_html/index.php
Line: 33

PunBB reported: Unable to fetch the portal news

Database reported: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND t.moved_to IS NULL AND f.redirect_url IS NULL ORDER BY t.posted DESC LIMIT 5' at line 1 (Errno: 1064)
--------------------------------------------------------------
That was a pity, cuz I really need news, but well, I can continue without them, if my forum works nice. But my forum works nice until I choose many other options tongue.

Now nothing works sad. I have this message:

---------------------------------------------------------------
File: /*****/********/public_html/header.php
Line: 251

PunBB reported: Unable to fetch the recent topics

Database reported: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 5' at line 1 (Errno: 1064)

Failed query: SELECT id, subject, forum_id FROM web_topics WHERE forum_id <> ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 5
----------------------------------------------------------------
Now I really need help, with everything if its possible.

I dont know if it will help, but this is my line 251 of my header.php:

Line 251

$result = $db->query('SELECT id, subject, forum_id FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics WHERE forum_id <> '.$pun_config['o_portal_news_id'].' ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT ' .$topicslimit) or error('Unable to fetch the recent topics', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

Thnx for everything and sorry for my low english level smile

Kryptie.

Re: One problem with punPortal

So, it looks like $pun_config['o_portal_news_id'] isn't set
Did you run install_mod.php for the mod?

3 (edited by Kryptman 2007-05-03 23:40)

Yep, I did it. I try to re-install, but I couldnt sad

Nothing, I'm still with the same problem sad

OK, try removing cache_config.php from the cache directory: if that doesn't work, the mod isn't installed properly

I tried but it didnt work. But no problem, I just install the frontpage mode and all works nice!
Thnx for everything Smartys smile