Topic: "Mark as read" & "Show news posts since last visit" does not appear...

Hi,

I've got a little problem with my PunBB:
"Mark as read" & "Show news posts since last visit" does not appear in the header. I don't know why, because I tested it on my little Server on my home PC (Windows) and I tried it on another Server (Linux, Suse), if it works there, what it actually did...
Is it possible that the operating system of my server can not display this for any reason, or perhaps my hoster blocks this funktions right away?
Is one of these things possible, or do you think there's another reason for it?

Thank you for your answers,
Florian

Re: "Mark as read" & "Show news posts since last visit" does not appear...

if (in_array(basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), array('index.php', 'search.php')))
        $tpl_temp .= "\n\t\t\t".'</ul>'."\n\t\t\t".'<ul class="conr">'."\n\t\t\t\t".'<li><a href="search.php?action=show_new">'.$lang_common['Show new posts'].'</a></li>'."\n\t\t\t\t".'<li><a href="misc.php?action=markread">'.$lang_common['Mark all as read'].'</a></li>'."\n\t\t\t".'</ul>'."\n\t\t\t".'<div class="clearer"></div>'."\n\t\t".'</div>';

That's the code that shows it.
Out of curiosity, what are the specs for the setup where you're having the issue (eg: what version of PHP, what webserver, etc)

Oh, I've got a SunOS2-Webserver and have the PHP-Version 4.1.2.
But what other data do you need? (I'm not that good in PHP and MySQL)

Are you running Apache?

Oh, and PHP 4.1.2 is really out of date: you should upgrade wink

Do you have miniportal or something like that?

6 (edited by Sinnfrei 2007-05-06 18:59)

Well...
I've got an webhoster and unfortunatly not an real server and just an part of webspace on this server. That's a big Hoster in Germany (strato.de).
And no I've got no Miniportal, otherwise the Wiki had helped me wink

edit: oh, and I really don't know if I'm running Apache, but is this shown up in the phpinfo?