Topic: Couple of issues.

Hello,

I've searched the forums, and found nothing that has worked with this.

First of, the AP_News_Generator plugin keeps giving me permission issues whenever I click Generate News, stating: "Error: Unable to write news to ./plugins/AP_News_Generator/main.html. Please make sure PHP has write access to the directory ./plugins/AP_News_Generator/.". I've cleared the cache, which hasn't worked. Also, I've had this problem before, which I had to get my host to fix, that's why I was wondering if it was just a simple problem.

The second, is when trying to use extern.php on the front page, all that comes up is: "No Permission". I tried different write permissions, and have used different path's to direct it to the correct file.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Couple of issues.

First of, the AP_News_Generator plugin keeps giving me permission issues whenever I click Generate News, stating: "Error: Unable to write news to ./plugins/AP_News_Generator/main.html. Please make sure PHP has write access to the directory ./plugins/AP_News_Generator/.". I've cleared the cache, which hasn't worked. Also, I've had this problem before, which I had to get my host to fix, that's why I was wondering if it was just a simple problem.

Did you try chmodding the folder?

The second, is when trying to use extern.php on the front page, all that comes up is: "No Permission". I tried different write permissions, and have used different path's to direct it to the correct file.

Can you give me an example of the line of code you use to include extern.php? I think I know the issue but I want to be sure.

3 (edited by GT 2007-05-07 03:30)

Ok, got the news to work.

And, for the code, I used:

<?php include('http://www.hexify.com/forums/extern.php?action=active'); ?>

and I've also used the full path... Ie. usr/home/hexify/domains/etc, etc... in place of just the url. With having the full url, I just got a bunch of warning errors, and stuff like that.

The full URL is really what you need to use, including it locally means you can't pass it parameters like ?action=active, you have to set $_GET['active'], etc

Hmm, sorry but I don't really know what you mean there...

Does it need to be like this then:

<?php include("usr/home/hexify/domains/hexify.com/public_html/forums/extern.php$_GET['active']"); ?>

No, you need to use the kind of code you gave before

The "No permission" error means exactly what it says. extern.php views your forum as a Guest would. If a Guest can't read your forum, neither can extern.php

Great, got it to work. Thanks for your help. big_smile