Topic: 2 new questions (Archiving and DB)

I have an old SQL DB with about 10k members or so, and I would like to add it or replace the current DB with this. Is it possible?

And, is there a way to archive old posts from one forum, and lock them and place them in another? (I searched this but only found unanswered topics).

Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry if this is a repeat question.

Re: 2 new questions (Archiving and DB)

I have an old SQL DB with about 10k members or so, and I would like to add it or replace the current DB with this. Is it possible?

Are you talking about another PunBB forum, or some random user information in an SQL table? tongue

And, is there a way to archive old posts from one forum, and lock them and place them in another? (I searched this but only found unanswered topics).

Move all topics to a forum which has no permissions for people to post?

Well, seems I can't find that old DB anymore, but it was a vBulletin DB.

As for the second question, yes. I would like to move all posts within a certain forum, that are older than 30 days, to another forum which no one has permission to post, but everyone (including guests) can read them. It's basically for my news archive.

Yeah, moving the topics to a forum where people don't have permissions was a suggestion tongue

Is there no automatic way for that to happen? Like maybe have a modified pruning system?

Automatic? Write a cron job to run an update statement tongue