Topic: restrict access on a forum based on a group

hello,
i am the admin for the site at http://www.big-boards.com , and by popular demand i am willing to implement a forum on the site. I'd rather use a forum software that is not (yet) used by any of the sites listed, and find the lightweightness and simplicity of punbb appealing (plus my site has a "rough" design as well).
The only thing is id like to be able to create a private forum with access restricted to the admins and mods of the boards listed. I know punbb doesn't have groups so that this feature cannot come out of the box.
So here's the questions:

- ive seen in the mods area a mod allowing to do what i need, but it seems to have been discontinued. Anyone knows if a version compatible with 1.1.1 is to be expected ?
- If not, what would you suggest as the way to go to implement such a functionality ? I know my php but am a bit new to punbb, so im simply looking for basic directions on what should be done.

Cheers,
Quentin

Re: restrict access on a forum based on a group

If you only want the administrators and moderators to see a forum, it's already implemented. You just check a checkbox and the forum will only be visible to those users.

nope, what i meant  by "administrators and moderators" was not my site's admins and mods, but admins and mods of the forums listed on my site (which is kindof a directory). So that's only a matter of creating a group that you must be a member of to access a forum.

Quentin

quentin: Nice to hear you like PunBB. I've checked out your site a few times before. It's cool :)

I've asked the author of the EFAM mod (the one you spoke of) to e-mail the latest version to me and I will update it myself. Just give me a day or two and I will have it for you.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

awesome, thanks smile

Quentin

Here you go: http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3263

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

thanks, i am currently in the process of customizing a bit punbb to my needs. Forums should open by the end of the month.

Cheers
Quentin