Topic: Video tutorials

Dr.Jeckyl has been hard at work recording a series of excellent video tutorials for PunBB. The videos cover everything from installing PunBB to managing additional menu items via the admin interface. Highly recommended!

Thanks a lot for the videos!

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: Video tutorials

Very nice.

Really really cool big_smile

Audentio Design - Webmaster and Administrative services

thanks! hopefully this will increase the punbb userbase!

Thank you Rickard for hosting them.

@anyone: if you have suggestions on anything please don't hesitate. smile

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Good stuff Dr.Jeckyl.

Much appreciated.... thanks!

emxgarcia

Wow, good job!

Nice work!

Software used?

10 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2007-06-12 08:02)

Thanks!

Xnview for the index page with some minor customizations to the page after it was generated.

BBFlashback for the screen capture, post production and flash page/video generation. Also with some minor customizations to the generated page.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Thanks James.

it was my pleasure.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

A slightly OT, I looked at http://dev.punbb.org & while it is was nice to see you guys using trac dunno why you guys didn't use the roadmap structure. That way it becomes easier for guys to have some kind of idea as to when a release is almost over. You could also try 0.10.4 as its supposed to also have tickets to email enabled.

shirish wrote:

A slightly OT, I looked at http://dev.punbb.org & while it is was nice to see you guys using trac dunno why you guys didn't use the roadmap structure. That way it becomes easier for guys to have some kind of idea as to when a release is almost over. You could also try 0.10.4 as its supposed to also have tickets to email enabled.

More than slightly OT, you would have been much better making a topic in PunBB Discussion for this wink
We do use the roadmap feature (it doesn't tell you when a release is almost ready though, it tells you when there are lots of/few tasks marked for that release). And I'm not sure what you mean by "tickets to email," email notification has been around for quite a while

Really cool. Thanks. Now you need to do full tutorials for Java, and I'll be even more happy ;p

Check Maid maid service

CReatiVe4w3 wrote:

Really cool. Thanks. Now you need to do full tutorials for Java, and I'll be even more happy ;p

Thank you! And if I knew java I'd be glad to help. wink

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Slightly OT, but Dr.Jeckyl I'm simply in love with that XP theme you use in the videos.  Could you point me to the source for that?

Thanks!

swaj wrote:

Slightly OT, but Dr.Jeckyl I'm simply in love with that XP theme you use in the videos.  Could you point me to the source for that?

Thanks!

if i recall (i haven't checked or changed it in a while) it is Luna Element with Super Turbo Tango Patcher icons.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

When I watched the video, I noticed that you used cPaner X to install MySQL.
I have problemes with that. I'm logged in at cPaner X, but can't find out where MySQL is.
I can only find the Demo Version, but that won't have any affect because it only is a Demo Version...
So could you please help me? smile

Much respect for video. Cool!

Oleh wrote:

Much respect for video. Cool!

thank you. cool

Lati@s wrote:

When I watched the video, I noticed that you used cPaner X to install MySQL.
I have problemes with that. I'm logged in at cPaner X, but can't find out where MySQL is.
I can only find the Demo Version, but that won't have any affect because it only is a Demo Version...
So could you please help me? smile

sorry, i don't know your particular setup so can't help you. i'm sure your host will be able to give a hand.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

can you make a video about how to install that AP_news_generator because I cant get it to work! sad

this helped me a while back with the news generator:
http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6544

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Sweet!!!

Spanx for the videos! installed with only the install video to guide me, and it worked almost like a charm tongue Had to chmod a folder before it would let me in on the indexpage, but after that all was fine.

I am, who I am...