Topic: Can't Copy & Paste in our new PunBB forum

Hi,

I have a problem copying text pages and pasting it into a text field.  I can do it here but not in my forum, I am using firefox and it works well with ie. But why it doesn't work with firefox?

Thank you

Re: Can't Copy & Paste in our new PunBB forum

Link?

http://www.forum.kamikitten.net/index.php

It has to do with the Javascript you're loading on your page (not the Google ads, the other stuff)

5 (edited by icedmango 2007-06-06 21:32)

hm... mom, I have to check, this is weird, copy & paste does work with i.e.

edit: in which file should I check that, should I remove this java script (when I've found it)

6 (edited by icedmango 2007-06-06 21:39)

my friend deleted one javascript but the problem still ins't dissolved

is it b/c our servers supporst only mysqlite?

and now we got to know that we can't use any mod (private messaging, imaging mod), b/c we have mysqlite

Pasting works fine for me now smile
And there's no such thing as mysqlite, there's MySQL and there's SQLite wink

wow, thank you, you know, we tried the pm mod and got this message:

File: /var/www/virtual/kamikitten.net/forum.kamikitten.net/install_mod.php
Line: 62

PunBB reported: Unable to create table messages.

Database reported: SQL logic error or missing database (Errno: 1)

just maybe you know this error?

Smartys wrote:

still doesn't work for me, I think I have the problem, I have firefox and I have windows vista business, but I can paste in this forum

I should use i.e.

icedmango wrote:

wow, thank you, you know, we tried the pm mod and got this message:

File: /var/www/virtual/kamikitten.net/forum.kamikitten.net/install_mod.php
Line: 62

PunBB reported: Unable to create table messages.

Database reported: SQL logic error or missing database (Errno: 1)

just maybe you know this error?

The PM mod doesn't install properly with SQLite, the create table queries need to be rewritten.

icedmango wrote:
Smartys wrote:

still doesn't work for me, I think I have the problem, I have firefox and I have windows vista business, but I can paste in this forum

I should use i.e.

Try clearing your cache. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what to tell you: I'm using Firefox too (perhaps the problem is Vista?)

my friend has xp and she installed now firefox and couldn't copy&paste as well- this is really so weird, maybe a script is needed for our forum to allow firefox to copy text and insert into a textfield, I can't even use the ctrl+c, I can only copy text outside text field, but when I click e.g. post reply and want to insert a text then this is not possible

icedmango wrote:

my friend has xp and she installed now firefox and couldn't copy&paste as well- this is really so weird, maybe a script is needed for our forum to allow firefox to copy text and insert into a textfield, I can't even use the ctrl+c, I can only copy text outside text field, but when I click e.g. post reply and want to insert a text then this is not possible

I don't know what to tell you, I'm not having any issues with it using Firefox 1.5 and XP
But there's no script to enable copy/pasting, it's a feature of the program.

Edit: Mmm, it looks like you removed the Google ads and not the javascript I asked you to. Try removing all of the Javascript you added and see how it works.

14 (edited by icedmango 2007-06-06 22:16)

I didnt remove google ads, they are still there, we removed minmax.js from /style/imports- we thought it is the right thing

No, that's code that comes with PunBB. It's fine, leave it there (plus, it isn't loaded on most pages).
The http://a.cba.pl/cba2.js type stuff is what I'm talking about.

16 (edited by kamikitten 2007-06-06 22:21)

Hi,
http://a.cba.pl/cba2.js ...? I don't have acces to that  area , that's my host's url, not mine I can't change or delete it.

Well, as far as I can tell, that's the only difference between your copy of PunBB and this copy. I would have a talk with your host if it's affecting your ability to copy/paste

18 (edited by kamikitten 2007-06-06 22:30)

Oh.. wilh he have problems because if it? wink heh

and u are sure that is b/c of this javascript???? anyways- thank you for taking your time

icedmango wrote:

and u are sure that is b/c of this javascript???? anyways- thank you for taking your time

Like I said, that's the only thing I can think of that would affect it. However, I'm not having any issues right now.

Ok, thank you for your time and trying to help. I'll talk to my host, maybe he'll help me out smile