Topic: slide show and Punbb

I am running slideshow pro already on mysql...Is ther a problem with running both punbb and slideshow pro?  I am stuck at the install page in the rooth directory. I am using the video tutorial which is helpful...but i am on a pc and it's a little different from the tutorial. is there another help instructions on this????

thanks gprep

Re: slide show and Punbb

There shouldn't be a problem, just make sure to use a prefix like forum_ or so.

I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I have punbb uploaded into via ftp on my site on the web. but Iam stuck trying run install.php. Does anyone have a 1-2-3 type instructions?

When I go to step 2. Run install.php from the forum root directory (e.g. open http://gprep.net/myforums/install.php ) nothing happens. I tried loading the 'upload directory into my rooth directory then I tried it in the web director "home" but no results either way. I also tried watching the video tutorial, but i am not familuar with that program ( i am using a pc with interned explorer ) will someone be willing to help me out? I am planning on making a donation $ to the punbb fund. I realy like this Forum and think it will make a difference on my site.
thanks

gprepone
garyknox@gprep.net

Where did you upload the contents of the upload folder to?

5 (edited by gprep0ne 2007-06-15 17:33)

I uploaded the contents to the "upload" to the web directory in a folder called "forum"

thanks

gprep

http://gprep.net/forum/ gives me a 403 error: make sure the permissions are set correctly

7 (edited by gprep0ne 2007-06-15 21:06)

Permissions - is that something I can do myself or is something the hosting company does?? I am running slideshow pro on mysql and its working great. Can you point me to some instructions?

thanks

gprep

My suggestion would be to delete the folder and reupload the files. If you still get the 403 error, talk to your host (since files you upload shouldn't trigger 403 errors).