Topic: Question about forum features.

Greetings! I am curious whether there is any style or if it is a feature that could be modded into a style, where like on these forums here it is showing :     *  Logged in as duanrgo
                                                        *  Last visit: Today 00:36:34

What I am wondering is if there is one that shows something like this in that area:
Hello Dunargo!
(AVatar shown)                      Show unread posts since last visit.
                                            Show new replies to your posts. 
                                            Private Messages: 0 Unread, 0 Total.
                                            Total time logged in: 7 hours and 40 minutes. 

Thanks in advance, and my apologies if this is an annoying question that has been asked multiple times, just not sure on exactly what to search for

Re: Question about forum features.

You wouldn't be modding a style, you would be modding a particular file (in this case header.php)
Now, as to each part:

Hello Dunargo!
(AVatar shown)

Yes, $pun_user has everything you need to create that

Show unread posts since last visit.

That link already exists on index.php, look at the right hand side of index.php on the same line as the "Logged in as" message

Show new replies to your posts.

You would have to modify search.php to create that search feature first

Private Messages: 0 Unread, 0 Total.

Assuming you have the PM mod installed, the information should either already be accessible in some form or you can modify header.php to run a query to get the information

Total time logged in: 7 hours and 40 minutes.

That information isn't stored anywhere, although you could modify the online table and the users table to record that information

Moved to Modifications

Smartys wrote:

You wouldn't be modding a style, you would be modding a particular file (in this case header.php)
Now, as to each part:

Hello Dunargo!
(AVatar shown)

Yes, $pun_user has everything you need to create that

Great, all those other features are not too important to me. Next question would be, has anyone made a style including this?

Sorry about the wrong spot big_smile

Again, it's not a style, it's simply a modification to a file.
I do think people have done similar things in the past.