Topic: Problem With Installing Using a SQLite Database.

I didn't order a MySQL Database when I signed up for my host, so I thought that I couldn't have a forum. Someone told me that PHP 5 comes with a SQLite Database and I found out that my host uses PHP 5, so I decided to use a forum that runs on a SQLite Database.

I researched some forums and I picked this one because you seem to have a nice community surrounding the product. I just tried to install it by following the instructions, but I received an error message after clicking "Start Install"

"An error occured on line 57 in file /mnt/vhosta/www.mysite.com/forum/include/dblayer/sqlite.php.

PunBB reported: Unable to create new database './forum'. Permission denied"

Can someone help me solve this problem? I really want to start up my forum by tomorrow night!

Re: Problem With Installing Using a SQLite Database.

Any help out there?

This is an error with file permissions.

Thank you, but how do I solve this?

Make sure the directory where your database file is saved is writable.

6 (edited by gameitout 2007-07-01 18:51)

That helped up to a certain extent, but now I have a new error message.

"An error occured on line 430 in file /mnt/vhosta/www.newshotstudio.com/forum/install.php.

PunBB reported: Unable to create table bans. Please check your settings and try again.

Database reported: database is locked (Errno: 5)"

I made every file readable, writable, and executable that is in the forum directory. Still no luck.

Any help out there?

I can really use some help here. You are losing a potential supporter by ignoring me like this.

gameitout wrote:

I can really use some help here. You are losing a potential supporter by ignoring me like this.

Well, that attitude should get help flooding in. You have a problem. We're not psychic. You'v been given advice that obviously hasn't worked. Talk to your server host. It's their system.

You guys aren't the community that I hoped for, but I am not leaving because of that. My host doesn't support SQLite even though they support PHP5. I may be coming back soon or if I ever switch hosts.

Thank you for whatever you did. Bye.

What else could we have done? We didn't know what was causing it, so didn't reply. If, as you said, your host doesn't support SQLite, then why are you getting pissed at us?

Go get some logic from the local supermarket.

12 (edited by gameitout 2007-07-02 19:18)

I didn't understand the fucking problem. You guys could have said, "It's your host's problem," but instead you ignored my post. I want to use this forum, but I'm not sure if I'm able to. I will promote with my members if you just help me install it.

I checked my phpinfo page and it says this.

"SQLite support -- enabled (This is the heading column which is purple)

PECL Module version -- 2.0-dev $Id: sqlite.c,v 1.166.2.13.2.5 2006/10/20 21:28:31 tony2001 Exp $

SQLite Library -- 2.8.17

SQLite Encoding -- iso8859"

Directive -- Local Value -- Master Value (There is a split and this is the second chart. Purple heading)

sqlite.assoc_case -- 0 -- 0

Now here is a link. http://www.newshotstudio.com/info.php

As I said, we didn't know. You knew.

Does this mean that it works or not?