Re: Unified converter! (InvPB, miniBB, PhpBB, vBulletin & YabbSE)

It is on the downloads page...

I mean for latest SMF version 1.1.1 smile
Yesterday, I already convert my SMF to PunBB at this thread

PunBB, Simplicity has been easier than before
Smart is Simple. Fast is Smart. Think Fast, You'll be Smart..

regards,
PunBB & SMF Fans

Ok, I've used the converter and successfully pulled it from my SMF to PunBB.. now.. is there any way to convert all the passwords over as they don't seem to work? I would rather not have to make all my users manually reset their passwords if possible.. any ideas?

regards
BM

PunBB and SMF use different encryption systems, so I don't believe it's possible, sorry sad

Yes, its different password methods.
I use LOST PASSWORD, and announce at frontpage of forum.
Its okay now, with more than 13000 members. smile

PunBB, Simplicity has been easier than before
Smart is Simple. Fast is Smart. Think Fast, You'll be Smart..

regards,
PunBB & SMF Fans

Ok I have a question... I installed mega punbb 2.0 from punbb 1.2.15 and now I can't migrate mysql database from punbb to mega punbb! What is the best way to update the database? I installed mega punbb to another location so i can work on it without having to disrupt the current site and now I can't transfer my current punbb database to mega punbb? please advise...

thanks!

Import the table content only it should work as MegaPun is PunBB with loads of mods

83 (edited by flykix 2007-07-06 16:33)

how do i import table content only? i'm on phpmyadmin and i've exported the users table and i'm trying to import the sql file into a new table on the same database...no workie... gives me an error but doesn't tell me what type of error it is!

I also tried to install mega punbb into the same database tables but this is the error:

An error occured.

PunBB reported: A table called "users" is already present in the database "DATABASE". This could mean that PunBB is already installed or that another piece of software is installed and is occupying one or more of the table names PunBB requires. If you want to install multiple copies of PunBB in the same database, you must choose a different table prefix.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that how do you update mega punbb into an existing punbb forum that already has users and posts? I want to just add it to my current database...

ok now i think i just screwed up everything.. all my posts and users are gone. sad

after installing Mega Pun, empty all the tables and import only the data of you punbb database

Does it work with vBulletin 3.6.8 PL2?

Thanks! Happy new year!

Feel free to try it. We can try to find a way to make it work if it doesn't.

Smartys wrote:

Feel free to try it. We can try to find a way to make it work if it doesn't.

The latest version of PunBB Migration Tool, i.e. 1.4.0, was updated at 2005-09-30, but vBulletin 3.6.x was released at 2006-08-13 with the big change from 3.5.x (released at 2005-10-16) and more from 3.0.0 (released at 2004-03-25).

Can it convert the attachments of vBulletin?
Thanks!

msibm: It's still worth trying. Depending upon how much the schema has changed, the converter might work or it might need a couple tweaks.
And no, attachments are not converted.

Passwords are not either.. But that's very common among most script converters.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Hmm i am looking for one SMF to PunBB converter wink

Just a quick note: you don't have to loose all of your SMF passwords. Simply, check which hash (it's not encryption) PunBB uses (probably MD5), then add an extra field in SMF user database and edit its login script - whenever a user successfully logs in, save a new hash of his password together with his account name (you can save to a flat file, too). Let this run for two weeks (don't forget to clean sessions in SMF) and you will be able to transfer most user accounts.

I use this system with phpBB to sync it against ftp users database (different hash).

You could do the same thing the other way, with PunBB. However, both ways I assume it's a lot of work and involves manual coding. With 1.3, we should have a set of extensions that come with the converter that allow for different password schemes to be converted.

Are there any plans to convert ikonboard (3.12b) to PunBB?  I'm using flat-file database (it's a low-use but important forum for a church).  Thanks!

For 1.3, the converter will be redone and (hopefully) will support converting from even more forums.

Smartys wrote:

For 1.3, the converter will be redone and (hopefully) will support converting from even more forums.

Excellent--THANKS!

In the meantime, if you really want to use PunBB, you can find a converter that converts from ikonboard to a forum software that the converter currently supports and then do it as a multi-step process.

I'd like to convert from SMF/Simple Machines 1.1.4 to PunBB.

The old converter only mentions SMF 1.0.5. During the conversion, what is lost, just the user passwords?

Is there a way to send a mass email to users with PunBB to tell them to log in and change their passwords?