Topic: How to have separate login page?

Can't find the answer to this question by searching....

I have a forum that we wish to be private and only accessible via a separate login page. For example: myforum.com is the punBB login page (with only a login form), once logged in, the member is re-directed to myforum.com/forums. Maybe we could put punBB in the main directory, but this is not so important.

Secondly, we want to screen all registrations, or better put, invite people we know to join. Could we have a registration form along with the login form, and then screen the registrations manually?

Thanks for any help or pointers.

Re: How to have separate login page?

You can disable the ability of guests to read/register, which means all they can do is go to the login page
If you disable registration, there's a plugin you can use to manually add users. Otherwise, you can set a new default group for new users with permissions the same as a Guest. Then you can manually move users into a proper group once they're approved

Thanks for the advice, I think this solves our problem!

I'm new to PunBB and am looking at integrating it with a website that I am developing using Code Igniter. The website structure is in place and I am using the FreakAuth add-on of CI to handle user management.

Given this, I want to use the existing user management for PunBB as well.

Your post in this thread talks about a plugin that can help in manually registering users. Could you kindly point me to that?

Also, how can I disable user registration in PunBB?

Thanks!

The plugin is in the Download page
To disable registration: Administration > Options

Why didn't I check that location myself in the first place!! ;-)

Thanks Yemgi. This really helps me a lot.