Re: [1.2.15] One Punbb for multiple users.

Okay i think it's better to stop discussing implementation.

The questions are :
1) would be interesting to have a native complete multiforum in punbb ?
2) may styles be uniq ?
3) same questions for img ?

27 (edited by MattF 2007-06-26 16:03)

BertrandB wrote:

Okay i think it's better to stop discussing implementation.

The questions are :
1) would be interesting to have a native complete multiforum in punbb ?
2) may styles be uniq ?
3) same questions for img ?

I personally doubt it's anything that would become a core feature, (devs correct me if I'm wrong), but all the above should be fairly straight forward to add through a little, big_smile, coding. I would suggest your best philosophy for ease of design and resilience may be to have a root forum dir, with multi-forums then a second level directory within that forum_root, and the db lookups split between two db's, so that you have a global $pun_config['o_base_url'] which is referred from the master db, with separate user account and site information from a second db instance, (unless you want all user info in the same db, regardless of forum). There is a thread in programming regarding how to split the db queries over separate databases. Obviously, replacing relative paths with $pun_config['o_base_url'] would provide more resilience as well. I've done that with a lot of paths in the scripts which makes creating N depth directories plausible. (The redirects are the sneaky ones to find). big_smile

Just my personal opinion, of course. big_smile Another thing I found useful was adding an array for lang files, and calling them from common.php, to avoid any chance of forgetting to add a lang file require to a script if you adapted it.

Edit: Btw, best of luck if you decide to try coding this up. I'll be intrigued to see how this progresses.

I don't think this is going to happen, theres lots of things that need changing/considering and its not something most users want...

Styles being unqiue is tricky

Connorhd wrote:

I don't think this is going to happen, theres lots of things that need changing/considering and its not something most users want...

Styles being unqiue is tricky

I'm agree.
Styles being unique would need somthing unatural like using php or SSI to generate css (something if sheet exist return local sheet if not retun global sheet)

The "something most users want" may be return the question "how many people use a patch/mod/trick to implement a such fonctionality ..."

Sorry but I don't understand, this is pretty complicated to do, why would we do it when only a very very small amount of users want it?

Sorry for my english. I don't want to do it for me and i'll not do it if nobody want it (need it). Same for you.

For the moment the popularity of this Feature Request is low
Now i'l eep silence and listen to che crowd.

Camille Belguise (Écho du silence): ?It is in. silence and solitude that we hear nothing more. than what is essential.?

Ok this feature request is closed manifestly no much interest from other people.

Thx