Topic:  - Not sure what this is...

? is displaying in the very top left corner of the site.. during page loading I see it for a second up there in between pages as well...

www.dustydagger.net/pr/

Wasn't there upon initial install, but sometime during adding mods I noticed it.. a Whole lot of work has been done and would hate to have to start over...

Re:  - Not sure what this is...

Just on the offchance, check your main.tpl:

include/template/main.tpl

and see if there's anything before the <

fraid not sad

Which browsers did you use to check your site. On viewing source those characters appear before the doctype declaration in Firefox but not in IE or Opera. Have you got anything you can think of which is specific to Firefox.

EDIT: Its Seamonkey as well so its all Gecko based browsers.

Oh wow thank you... you are right...

Which may have something to do with the mod I installed... Just applied the itemstats mod(warcraft stuff) and the wowhead.com addon. There are parts of that mod that set options that work for firefox and not IE, as well as options just for IE. May have something to do with it.

But yeah, I use firefox

6 (edited by dergy 2007-07-16 06:30)

Well this is still an issue I'm experiencing. The site was being built to replace my wow guild's old site. After being populated a bit and discussing the issue with some other guild members. We think we narrowed it down to a javascript.. More specifically, the itemstats mod, which displays wow item's stats in a mouse over pulled from a source site, such as wowhead in my sack. not sure on a fix just yet, but suppose it's going to require digging through the javascript.. ugghhh

Would be awesome if anyone else may have experienced a problem similar to this, though I know it's very situational for me.

Edit.. further discussion may rule this idea out... soo back at square 1 again hahaha

7 (edited by richardk 2007-07-16 21:54)

It's looks like the UTF-8 BOM (EF BB BF), you probably saved the files in your text editor as UTF-8 (but the meta tag says it's iso-8859-1). Try re-saving the files as ASCI in notepad.

Edit: ANSI not ASCI.

pretend I'm not that familiar with what I need to do here and elaborate a little bit for me please tongue

* Open the files with Notepad.
* Go to File > Save As.
* At the bottom it says Encoding, change it to "ANSI".
* Then save.