Topic: Notification of new topics

Hi there

I have just signed up and I wanted to know if there is a way that i can be notified of new topics or events/posts via email

Thanks

2 (edited by pogenwurst 2007-07-20 17:37)

Re: Notification of new topics

On this particular forum (PunBB.org), or your own PunBB forum (assuming the former, I've moved this topic to PunBB discussions)?

Again assuming the former, PunBB has an email newsletter for announcements and it has RSS feeds (accessible via extern.php as described in PunBB's documentation) that you may use with a third party service such as RSSFWD.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

in admin-options
there is a section called (Send new messages to Mailing list)
does that not do that function when someone makes a post it send it to the email in the mailinglist?

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

4 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2007-07-20 15:33)

no that's who PunBB emails when there is a post report or report of new registration, not of new posts.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

This should do it:
http://www.punres.org/desc.php?pid=240

FluxBB - v1.4.8

lie2815, u da man!!

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

lie2815 wrote:

This should do it:
http://www.punres.org/desc.php?pid=240

If he's talking about his own forum. He said that he "just signed up", so it seems fairly likely that he's talking about PunBB's forums.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

hmm, does this mod work with 1.2.14? I just did the install, but now I don't seem to be getting notified of anything at all.