Topic: Bad request

I have some problems with...

Bad HTTP_REFERER. You were referred to this page from an unauthorized source. Please go back and try again. If the problem persists please make sure that \'Base URL\' is correctly set in Admin/Options and that you are visiting the forum by navigating to that URL.

I work with 2 PC's (on work an at home) an i made the administration of the forum on 2 PC's. It works on the work but at home i receive this message.

What can i do to fix this problem.

Kind regards
David

Re: Bad request

have you read this?
http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2295

3 (edited by Louis 2004-02-12 15:40)

Re: Bad request

Since this in PunBB discussions, I think we should discuss the Bad request error.

My recommendation? Read this article on MSDN. Since the Bad Referer error message is security-related, it's particularly applicable.

Good error messages give a notification that a problem occurred, an explanation of why the problem occurred, and a solution so that the user can fix the problem. Good error message text is specific, user-centered, clear, consistent, and courteous. Writing good error messages is hard work, but it is something that must be done right.

If you have received an error message that's related to a security feature, chances are good that you found it confusing, it didn't really help you understand the security problem, and you had no idea how to respond correctly. A good question to ask is: Why are security-related error messages so often bad?

By "error messages" I really mean all classes of message boxes, including warnings, confirmations, questions, and status. Much of this information applies to log file entries as well. This article explores the challenge of writing messages for security-related features. I will explain the difficulties in designing good security message text and the information that's required for a good security message, and I'll give some tips for designing and presenting security-related messages.

Continue reading Writing Error Messages for Security Features by Everett McKay.