Topic: 1 Forum, 2 websites?

Is it possible to run the same forum on 2 separate websites if the websites are hosted by the same company?

Re: 1 Forum, 2 websites?

It depends. If both webspaces can access the MySQL server, then yes.

Of course, logins won't carry over

well,.. that's not enturely true,.. i've got a live setup www. and a test setup test. and i can't post anything at test. because the hostname i'm on is not correct, is it possible to change that somewhere?

i dont think you can (i beliove but ask the expert)

you cant access the same froum from more than one location. You hae ot access it via the same domain?

i think thats what he means

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

hsl wrote:

well,.. that's not enturely true,.. i've got a live setup www. and a test setup test. and i can't post anything at test. because the hostname i'm on is not correct, is it possible to change that somewhere?

Well, that's a base URL issue which only affects moderators/admins. You can only have one base URL.

hsl wrote:

Wouldn't you just use the same config.php file for both forums?  Then they are both configured to the same database and host.

Burnsy86 wrote:
hsl wrote:

Wouldn't you just use the same config.php file for both forums?  Then they are both configured to the same database and host.

The forums would work, but the base URL check would fail for mods/admins