Topic: migration tool

I know that this is an unofficial technically not supported thing for punbb, but I tried contacting the author and his e-mail account has been disabled.

When I try to convert my forum, my phpbb forum doesnt show up in the forum to convert,
therefore I cannot convert. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

phpbb forum: classicnickshows.org
punbb forum: www.j0hnnie.biz

Re: migration tool

PunBB and phpBB tables have to be in the same database on the same server

No they don't, you can choose to enter separate details. However, if they're on different database servers entirely, you'll need to put in all the information for the phpBB server (and of course you'll need to be able to connect from your current server).

Smartys wrote:

No they don't, you can choose to enter separate details. However, if they're on different database servers entirely, you'll need to put in all the information for the phpBB server (and of course you'll need to be able to connect from your current server).

I put in all info, but the phpbb forum wasn't in the drop down box menu for forums to convert.

Maybe it's just the fact that I haven't used the migration tool in quite a while, but I don't recall any dropdown other than for the type of forum software being used if you choose to connect to a remove database server.

http://images.xnr.be/dec6ef2d8ba1f62a8c9af13a2e8a2ac1.png

Actually both forums are on the same host, but even if im on that screen no forums show up.

It sounds to me like you haven't uploaded the converter completely. Make sure you uploaded all the folders (and the contents of the folders) inside the converter folder as well.

Thanks for your help, i got it done.