Topic: I do not recive any reports

Pleas help, I do not recive any reports. I'm admin of PunBB based forum and the reort table in my MySQL database is still empty evenwhen new topics are added by another users. What's wrong?

Re: I do not recive any reports

The reports table is not where new topics are added, new rows are added to the reports table when people report posts wink

Bud if I wat to recive email message now I have to subscribe to some topic. If I switch in report options to internal reporting the table with reports in abs. bottom ( in administration/Admin menu) is still empty.

Smartys wrote:

The reports table is not where new topics are added, new rows are added to the reports table when people report posts wink

5 (edited by Miusla 2007-08-26 11:45)

Maybe I do not understand what reporting means.  I thought that it's a system of information about all course of events on forum.

No, it's used for people to report posts for some reason (eg: offensive content) and bring those posts to the attention of the administrators/moderators.

What you ar looking for is logs not reports. The report table list the posts that members want to report to the admins because they do not comply to the forum policies/rules They are added when clicking on the report link, next to quote at the bottom of each post

OK. So how I, as a Administrator, can discover that a new topic was added. Is some method to prompt me with email? Inside of topic I can "Subscribe to this topic". Can I somehow "Subscribe to all forums and categories"??? :-)

You would need to find a modification for PunBB that allows that wink

So You are still watching this forum if someone adds now topic?????

An unmodified copy of PunBB does not have a way to alert people every time there is a new message in the forum (unless you use the RSS feed).

Where can I get the modified one :-), or how use RSS feed??? :-)

You would have to look for a modification on a site like PunRes.
As for the RSS feed, extern.php is documented here:
http://punbb.org/docs/dev.html#syndication

Thanks. I'll try.

Thanks to You I finaly find what I was looking for:
http://www.punres.org/desc.php?pid=435