Topic: Config.php?????!!!!?!?!?!

where is the config.php file..am i suppose to create one or is it in a folder and i just cant find it -_-

Re: Config.php?????!!!!?!?!?!

yes you are supposed to create one and upload it to the root of the forum directory.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

hmm that's weird because i tried that and it said it may be corrupt when i try to complete installation

make sure it's a php file and not a config.php.txt file. could you copy and paste the contents of your config file here(without your username and password) so we can check it out please?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Hi everybody,

Indeed, I have the same problem...

Here is my config file:

<?php

$db_type = 'mysql';
$db_host = 'localhost';
$db_name = 'stendonnet3';
$db_username = 'stephane';
$db_password = '********';
$db_prefix = '_stef';
$p_connect = false;

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = '11f97c49';

define('PUN', 1);

I wrote it with Gedit... I guess that I have the correct suffix.

Thanks

Stéphane

Is your prefix really _stef and not stef_ ?

Just to reitterate, you need to make sure you saved the file as a php file and not a text or no extension file.

Also, make sure that when you upload the file that you do so in ASCII as binary will tend to mess it up a bit...

Thanks for your answers!

My transfer was a binar one, I changed to ASCII.

It's not a .txt file, I'm quite sure about it.

This could be interesting: I have a mistake if I type <url>http://www.stendon.net/forum/config.php</url>:

Warning: Unknown(/home/.sites/30/site209/web/forum/config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/home/.sites/30/site209/web/forum/config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/home/.sites/30/site209/web/forum/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

What can I do?

Thanks!

Stéphane

Well, that's odd, because there shouldn't be any includes in that file...

chmod 644 config.php.

elbekko wrote:

Well, that's odd, because there shouldn't be any includes in that file...

Bekko: it's chmodded so it can't be read tongue

Ah, like that tongue

anyway the file is corrupted as punBB install process said.

Hello, it's OK with the PHP file now, thanks to foxmask:

<?php

$db_type = 'mysql';
$db_host = 'localhost';
$db_name = 'stendonnet3';
$db_username = 'stephane';
$db_password = '********';
$db_prefix = '_stef';
$p_connect = false;

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = '11f97c49';

define('PUN', 1);

?>

But now I'm getting this other message error: "Unable to fetch forum config".

As I just installed PHPBB without problems, I prefere to renounce with PunBB. Sorry and thanks to all!

Stéphane

Just a stab in the dark, but you might try removing the "?>" from the end of the file. My config.php doesn't have it. I'm not really sure if it makes a difference or not though.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Indeed. It shouldn't be there.

It doesn't make a difference though wink

if you have a space after it, it will

If you have a space after it, the forum will load alright but you'll have a bunch of header errors at the top

20 (edited by Watchdog 2006-03-04 16:23)

The file 'config.php' doesn't exist or is corrupt. Please run install.php before? (I've done this a number of times and always having to delete the tables to re-do...

I have tried and still get this error. I also have been watching the forums and still the error? What else can be wrong?

Another thing I noticed that the config.php is actually pulled up and displayed with mt password info, so I deleted it? What makes this happen?

Thanks

21 (edited by Smartys 2006-03-04 20:11)

Watchdog wrote:

The file 'config.php' doesn't exist or is corrupt. Please run install.php before? (I've done this a number of times and always having to delete the tables to re-do...

I have tried and still get this error. I also have been watching the forums and still the error? What else can be wrong?

Another thing I noticed that the config.php is actually pulled up and displayed with mt password info, so I deleted it? What makes this happen?

Thanks

That sounds like you deleted the <?php bit on top, so the stuff wasn't getting parsed properly
But yeah, if you deleted the file it can't very well read from it tongue