Topic: Guests can post

Hi I disabled everywhere guest posting, but people still can post in my forum without registering.
how can I disable it?

thanks!

smashingpumpkins.com.ar/board if anyone wants to see what i'm talking about wink

Re: Guests can post

Go to admin/forums, edit the forums and make sure guests don't have posting rights.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yes I checked that on admin/forums and on admin/user groups and it's configured to don't let guests post topics or replies.

That's why it looks weird...

groups table in the DB seems to be fine too

That's odd. It's difficult for me to tell you what might be the problem. I'd need access.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

well, with the help of Rickard i figured out that it was a mistake i made playing with the admin and guest users tongue

ups!

thanks!

chali wrote:

well, with the help of Rickard i figured out that it was a mistake i made playing with the admin and guest users tongue

Hi Chali -
Can you tell me what you did to fix this problem?
I'm having the same issues. As far as I can tell, guests are disallowed from posting everywhere.
In each of the forums I have guests set to read-only. Yet upon logging out, I can still post...
Very odd.
Thanks,
Ben

http://walk.ideacog.net/talk/

Did you change anything manually in the database?
What happened to me was my mistake, I changed the guest user ID.

Hi Chali - yes, I've changed lots -- thanks for the tip. Just did a forum search here and found the answer to the database question.
For anyone searching for the same issue:

Guest group_id should be 3. Your guest id is always 1.

Thanks Chali.
b

1 should be admin, 2 should be mod, 3 should be guest, 4 member, 5 and up custom smile

elbekko wrote:

1 should be admin, 2 should be mod, 3 should be guest, 4 member, 5 and up custom smile

Ah! Good to know.
Thanks.

There's also a secret group_id 32000 for unconfirmed new users. shhhhhh