Topic: PROBLEM: How to add a user-description ? And some more..

I've got several things I need on my forum, but I don't know how.
Maybe you could tell me how, or recommend a plugin ?
So:

1) User-description. In a person's profile we lack a small-article-like  section!
Because we want to put there a lot of other info! (for instance, a number of cellphone!)
How could we do that ?

2) Private forums. Is there a way for everyone to see a private forum, but not to be able to enter it ? In InvisionPB there is such abilitity..

3) List of user's posts. It's terrible !  When we click to see user's posts, we see just a list of the topics, in which that user made posts!
So to find posts themself I should yet search through the topic sad(. Wold be much wiser to list user's posts themself !

Thank you previously !
We really need these things..

Re: PROBLEM: How to add a user-description ? And some more..

druidk wrote:

1) User-description. In a person's profile we lack a small-article-like  section!
Because we want to put there a lot of other info! (for instance, a number of cellphone!)
How could we do that ?

For a great example on adding new profile fields, see Add attribute to users profile "sex". You should be able to play with that code a little to fit your needs.

druidk wrote:

3) List of user's posts. It's terrible !  When we click to see user's posts, we see just a list of the topics, in which that user made posts!
So to find posts themself I should yet search through the topic sad(. Wold be much wiser to list user's posts themself !

You should be able to mod the URL that points to a user's posts to accomplish that. I'll post back on that in a moment.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Ok, I'm back. Here's an example of a URL that will display a user's posts as posts, not topics:

You'll want to mod profile.php to replace the URL of the link with that, except load the name of the user rather than mine.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

thanks, I'll try Your ways of solving

Still question 2) is  still unresolved.

Can I show one of the private forums to everyone ?

2. What exactly do you mean? Like, it shows up on the list of forums, but when a guest clicks the link, he or she is told to log in?

For 2, in viewforum.php, remove the check to see if the forum is accessible for that specific user.

I mean that if user, who is not allowed to read a forum, clicks on it, he sees "Sorry, you are not allowed here!"