1 (edited by dss 2006-03-25 02:07)

Topic: breaking out of the table's limitations?

I have been working a lot for the past couple years with div's and span's for design work.

I love punbb, and style it most often by removing the boundaries of the tables containing the topics and go with a color or textured background.

On a current project I'd like to change how punbb extends as forums are added.

<tr>
                    <td class="tcl">
                        <div class="intd">
                            <div class="icon"><div class="nosize"><!-- --></div></div>
                            <div class="tclcon">
                                <h3><a href="viewforum.php?id=1">Forum One</a></h3>
                                Forum One Description
                            </div>
                        </div>
                    </td>

Somehow I want to add a unique div which will surround each instance of a forum and style it uniquely per instance.

An example would be to wrap a div around each forum and change the background color for the forum's topmost presentation, as well as the specific forum's "brdtitle" section and again within each topic in that forum.

It would be extra nice to then change that color for each forum section.

Seems like I need to look into the code for how punbb works more deeply to get this done, thus, it becomes a hack.
the hack for style is ok for right now, but I'm guessing that this will be a serious problem when we make substantial upgrades.

Is there another way I may be missing?

Re: breaking out of the table's limitations?

dss wrote:

Somehow I want to add a unique div which will surround each instance of a forum and style it uniquely per instance.

So just add something like

<div class="forum<?php echo forum id ?>">

in index.php

Re: breaking out of the table's limitations?

perfect!

So simple...

I knew I was totally over complicating it.

Thank you!!!