Topic: Sorry... I am stupid...

I have installed punbb to my one of linux boxes.  It is working, however it is totally plain...

I noticed a drop down list of Oxygen, and some other stuff.   If I pick one of those in that box, it does nothing...

My question is:  DOes PunBB come with a look, like the one I am typing in now or do it just come totally plain and I have to customize it?

I downloaded a few styles... Do I just copy the contents in the directories into the Linux PunBB directories...IE syles,  include, imgs...

If I do this will the style that I download come up.  I am not familiar with php, but I do have a programming back ground...

Re: Sorry... I am stupid...

PunBB comes with Oxygen as the default style and five other styles you and your users can switch to. If you are seeing a plain board there is something wrong. Specifically your browser is not loading the stylesheets. You seem to have installed it properly because the styles are showing in the selection boxes. Try emptying your browser cache.

Well, it is working... I stayed up last night messing around with it.  It was fairly easy to install to.  Hmm....   When I get home from work, I will try it out.

Thanks Paul for your help.   Hopefully I can figure what the problem is.   

BTW:  I am hosting this forum on a P133mhz, 48MB, 2.1 GB HD, running none other than Damn Small Linux 2.2B.   I have Apache, PHP 5.0, and MySQL 5.0 running that forum... it runs very fast...

I will clear the cache out and try it again.  Thanks.

Paul, one more question:..    Like I said that forum is working perfect, but it is totally plain.   When I tested it last night, I installed it on my Linux machine and then I went to my stupid Windoze machine and used evil Exploder to look at it.   I never thought of trying FireFox.   Could this be an Exploder issue?    When I get home, I will try it using FireFox and Dillio...   

Thanks again....

Hey you PHP geeks...  Can you guy refer me to a good basic book so I can start learn PHP?

Hey... I might have found what the problem is...    I found this http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10493

Since I am running APACHE, I think my forum files need to be all CAPTIAL letters....   that is why my styles aren't working???

Well, check if you have the same problem as him tongue

Well, I know all my files are in lower case... I didn't ftp them over to the system... I brought them over (Already uncompressed) on a floopy and loaded that way. 

They were all lower case, so with fingers crossed, I will fixed the problem tonight and hopefully it will work.