1 (edited by Sparkles 2006-04-14 21:20)

Topic: PunBB 1.2.11 with GeSHi integration

Hi.

Just for information, we (a friend of mine and I) made a release of our customized version of PunBB.

For everyone that wishes a Generic Syntax Highlighter in their forums :

PunBB with GeSHi (there are other features added, but they are certainly already spreaded all over the www tongue)

PS : it is for a forum with programmers _and_ programs source codes...

Re: PunBB 1.2.11 with GeSHi integration

Hey,

Nice implementation of Geshi, probably the best code highlighter on the web.

Thanks.

hcgtv wrote:

Hey,

Nice implementation of Geshi, probably the best code highlighter on the web.

Thanks.

^_^

Anyways, beware of the greediness of Geshi wink

Hope many of you will enjoy it smile

If it's not to much work or changes to much of the punbb source code could you possibly explain how to implement this into our own forums. instead of dong a fresh install.

5 (edited by Sparkles 2006-04-15 13:05)

Jimi wrote:

If it's not to much work or changes to much of the punbb source code could you possibly explain how to implement this into our own forums. instead of dong a fresh install.

Wow... I built the package and it made me look at the source code, but I didn't make the integration of GeSHi.

If you're a Unix programmer, I suggest you make a diff

o_O

What I can say is that mostly, there were things added, since we didn't remove any feature, we just added some.

Well, I can't really tell everything that has changed. There's not so much. But if you take a look at punBB's source code, you can very easily see that they are quite hard to read. And we didn't planned to make a release at the start, so I guess I can't tell.

Still, notify*.php files are mysql dependent because of one single line (mysql_close();) and these files are not required at all. There is a feature (a notifier) called "Plopificateur" (or "plopificator") : it doesn't have a great meaning, but it opens a little window to watch for new posts ! (when there are new posts, the little window's background becomes green). So notify*.php can give you informations to write a non-browser-dependent new-posts-notifier. (So don't pay attention to them if you don't need them)

Sparkles wrote:

Still, notify*.php files are mysql dependent because of one single line (mysql_close();)

Why not use $db->close() ?

7 (edited by Sparkles 2006-04-15 13:25)

Jansson wrote:
Sparkles wrote:

Still, notify*.php files are mysql dependent because of one single line (mysql_close();)

Why not use $db->close() ?

you're totally right... but I did that in a few minutes, so I didn't look for how to do that...
well... ok I'm gonna change that... and edit this post when it's done...

--
edit : oh no... the sources are more mysql dependent than what I thought !
... maybe i should just remove the files from the archive ? tongue

8 (edited by Sparkles 2006-04-15 13:28)

Oh I almost forgot : there is an added SQL field !!! So the sources will give you an error if you just want to upgrade from an existing forum...

You can add it manually (easy if you have phpmyadmin and mysql... should be easy with others too...) :

`last_seen` in the "PREFIXuser" table ! (it's an integer, just as the field `last_visit`)

9 (edited by Sparkles 2006-04-15 13:53)

Jimi wrote:

Me again...

What I suggest you to do :
add the `last_seen` field into your database table `PREFIXusers` (it's an integer)

create a folder next to your existing one.
exemple : you have your punbb in forum, then make a folder forum2 next to folder.

uncompress the package and put it into forum2/
copy the file : config.php
(remove install.php)

try : you will certainly meet errors ("bad request", because of include/functions.php) that checks the base url, etc.
but if it works :
(let "forum" = your folder name)
rename your old folder to forum_bak
rename your new folder forum2 to forum
and check if it works good !

(If you have a punbb 1.2.10 or 1.2.11, not "too customized", it should work fine)
---
edit
if you have skins etc., you knew how to install it the first time, so you should know how to do it this time too... tongue (I don't know anyone in this forum... still I'm sure many are good geeks, maybe you are one too smile)