1 (edited by Programming-Designs 2006-09-05 04:45)

Topic: Attachment Mod: Bypass max upload limit defined in php.ini

I currently have an attachment mod installed (http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7096) but am wondering if someone can make an attachment mod that uploads the file in segments. The problem is with my hosting I have a max upload limit (8 mb) and want people to be able to upload files larger than that by uploading pieces of a file at a time as to by pass the upload limit (defined in php.ini).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it could use same mod I provided above that would be great.

Re: Attachment Mod: Bypass max upload limit defined in php.ini

I doubt this is possible wink That ini directive is there to limit such things, not to be bypassed...

Yeah, I think anything to put the file in segments would have to be done client-side

perhaps tell them to use a program like Tugzip (free) to split it into smaller files (also called spanning)

Well I got the idea from this: http://hotscripts.com/Detailed/53743.html

Description: A PHP file uploader that is uneffected by the upload_max_filesize property. Use the included PHP script with Thin Slice Upload applet to transfer hundreds of Gigabytes regardless of your php.ini settings. Interrupted uploads can be resumed. The scripts can be easily modified to completely change the appearence for a better fit into your website. Get your free download now.

So thought it would be implementable? If someone could take a look at that and let me know that'd be great.

6 (edited by Smartys 2006-09-06 02:08)

Mmm, I'll take a look
Edit: I was right. It uses a Java applet wink

Moved to modifications.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.