Topic: new post bug

I have added a costum New post icon but it shows new post on every topic in the forum. even if i read the topic it's still marked as an unreaded. please fix that to the nex verision.

Re: new post bug

Moved. Not a bug.

You might have set it wrongly. Post the CSS entry for it.

4 (edited by Axium 2006-10-04 11:12)

Just installed PunBB tonight and I'm experiencing this as well.

Not a bug?

When I create a new topic and refresh the topic listing i get the "isnew" class added to the topic, but nothing removes that.  I click on the link and go back to the topic listing and it still shows it as new.  I click on "new posts" and then back to the topic listing and it still shows it as new.

Only logging out and logging back in removes these "unread" posts from being recognized.

If this is "working as intended" I would think that  that would be very user unfriendly to not give them instant confirmation that they've viewed the new posts in that thread until they log out.

5 (edited by StevenBullen 2006-10-04 11:41)

@XaaR
Post your CSS as requested. This is user error... wink

@Axium
This is how PunBB works... Its done via time period when you log in or something along them lines.

Try adding a new post... Then to clear 'ALL' flags, click on the 'Mark all topics as read' in top right hand corner.

PunBB does not have read/unread functionality. All the indicators show is whether the topic has new posts since your last visit. Reading the topic makes no difference.

Thanks for clearing that up.