26 (edited by twohawks 2006-10-13 22:48)

Re: Install_Mod.php never works on the second database...

I cannot determine the 301 error you did... can you tell me how you know this?

EDITED:  OH OKAY... I SEE IT.

THANK YOU!

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

301 isn't an error, it's a redirect tongue
I analyzed the HTTP traffic between my browser and the server (I use an extension called LiveHTTPHeaders). It lets me see fun things like that (and send my own requests, which let me verify that without the bad path the request works fine)

Well, I know why this is happening now.  I suspected it, but since everything is working perectly otherwise I thought I might not actually be experiencing this problem or having to address it...

I use mod_rewrite to manage my urls due to shared hosting issues ;^P
There is a php issue, which  is: "PHP_SELF will not be equal to REQUEST_URI under Apache if mod_rewrite has been used to move one URL to another--PHP_SELF will contain the rewritten address, and REQUEST_URI will contain the URL the user sees in their browser."

There is a work around for this, but as I said, I thought I wouldn't need to go there since I had observed no issues even though PHP_SELF is present in the admin_loader.php and header.php files.

Thank you for your astute observance, and the lesson, Smartys.
Be well,
TwoHawks

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

I thought so, I've had similar issues with PunBB-Hosting (I needed to rewrite a plugin because it was using PHP_SELF as opposed to REQUEST_URI) tongue
Glad I could help smile

Do you use this:

$REQUEST_URI=$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']

or do you do some sort fo scripting with this

$_SERVER['PATH_TRANSLATED']

or something else?  Just curious (I mean, if you can recall easily enough... don't go spending more time on it %^P

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

I just looked at where the script used PHP_SELF and instead used REQUEST_URI (with the proper edits to ensure that I didn't get stuck in infinite loops. In this case, I think a plain replace would work fine

Good enough for now.  Thanks again.  +Happy hunting.

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool