Topic: Error in Default Style Sheets? List Text in Tables not Proper Color...

Hi Folks,
I did search, but if I missed the report/fix on this, then please point me to it (I mean, I can't imagine this has not been identified and fixed before now, it seems so basic, but)...

I noticed that every default "xxxxx_cs.css" stylesheet where a font color is specified, for instance, take the "Radium_cs.css" file for example,

/****************************************************************/
/* 1. BACKGROUND AND TEXT COLOURS */
/****************************************************************/

/* 1.1 Default background colour and text colour */

BODY {BACKGROUND-COLOR: #2A2A2A}

.pun {COLOR: #D4D4D4}

.......it seems there is no 'other' code in these styles to cause the text in the various lists, and many other places, to appear the correct/intended color.
It is the same for every relevant stylesheet.

=============================
What I did to correct this was I changed the code  on that color-line to be

.pun TD {COLOR: #D4D4D4}

After trying out differnt things in different places, this seemed to be the best I could come up with without creating a conflict elsewhere. 
   And it seems to be working fine thusfar, HOWEVER, due to the complexity of the handling of styles in PunBB I do not know if this is the correct or best thing/way to be correcting this?  Might I find some other issue on down the line due to some unreckognized charactereistic of running the style?

Let me know.
Cheers,

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

Re: Error in Default Style Sheets? List Text in Tables not Proper Color...

I'm confused, what's the issue?

Not a bug and not even troubleshooting so I moved it here. I don't get it either.

.pun is the class assigned to PunBB's wrapper div and everything inside it inherits the colour. You only need specify a colour for a particular element if you want it to be different from the default.

4 (edited by twohawks 2006-10-26 05:11)

Thanks gentlemen... I thought it was obvious, please allow me to (try to) explain...
    Hmmm... what I found (the issue) was is that, for instance, if a user selects the style 'Radium', well you can barely read the forum because almost all the text appears black (on near-black background).  However, if you look in the stylesheet it seems the author indeed intended the default to be near-white, and much of the text in the forum does appear that way.  So I thought to myself, 'aha, the author didn't, in fact, intend me to be eyestraining!  So what gives?
   After looking further into it it appears that when the code begins parsing text in/to tables there is no propagation of the near-white coloring for the text, so it defaults to black.  If I look at other styles with black text as the default (like oxygen), it seems I can observe what the intended text coloring consistency across the board (pun intended) is.  So I figure seing black on black must be an error.
   I observe in several of the other colorful stylesheets where colored text is introduced in order to present readable contrast, ..well it isn't happening there as well. 
  So after messing with it a bit I figured I could add the TD in the default line I cited there, in each of these stylesheets, and it seems it worked, although I do not knwo if I am inadvertently 'stepping on' anything else by doing this.
   Have you ever tried setting your style in a default installed forum to radium?  Is it not black?  Maybe I missed something, but I was sure to check the default install before posting this.  And yes, its weird, after all, I use that style here and I can read in white text.  But I figured the code must have been altered, or something else is up that I am not finding here (on my end)?

Anyway, if you say its not an issue, than  I believe you.  I am just reporting what I am observing here ...and I could not identify anything I might have done to compromise this myself ..which must be the case if you say it ain't broken. |^P

'nuff said?  Hope that explains "my logical" reasoning for posting this, ...I don't show up without being responsible to  trying to investigate things first (and just to cause you more trouble).
Cheers,
TwoHawks

Oh, PS: if this is mute, I don't mind if you delete this post... no need wasting space.

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

I just switched to Radium: the only slightly black text I saw was a closed topic (and that was perfectly readable)

This forum is using the default styesheets. The colour scheme stylesheets haven't been changed in a long while. I have never seen a problem. However, that does beg the question why you are seeing something different at your end. The only thing that comes to mind is a stylesheet conflict i.e. another stylesheet is overriding PunBB's stylesheet. Have you integrated your copy of PunBB into a site that uses its own stylesheet?

Hmmm, no I'm not.  I think I am just going to have to dig down into it over time - I must have introduced something that I overlooked.  I will let you know later if/what I turn up...
In the Meantime, can you (anyone) answer the question for me: 
- Any thoughts on... Might there be concern over a potential conflict or interaction with another pre-existing default css rule/statement by adding that TD element into the aforementioned (default) .pun color rule/statement in the stylesheets?

Thanks for your help.
Cheers,

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

That shouldn't cause any problems.

Just following up... Someone else posted a problem after installing the the Calendar mod... I must have overlooked something there.  I will be looking into that.
Cheers,

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool