Topic: adding a new checkbox to the profile

Hi

I would like to add 3 new checkbox's to the privacy section of the profile page.

The checkbox's would simply link to 3 new fields in the the 'users' table and would give a 1 or 0 depending on weather users had checked (1) or unchecked(0) each box.

The reason I want to do this is because I am bridged with coppermine and want to install stramm's modpack for coppermine and have it integrated well with punbb.  The functions I want to control is the auto user notification of comments and at the moment the punbb bridge that comes with the modpack just uses the 'email_setting' entry in the 'users' to decide weather to auto sign people up for comment notifications.  (it has to be set to hide email but allow form email as this has the value of 1).

So how do I go about adding 3 checkboxes to the profile and corresponding database fields.

Any help would be much appreciated,

all the best

Nick

Punbb w/coppermine and wordpress integrated

see my hack to integrate punbb with wordpress comment system.
Illustration Community

Re: adding a new checkbox to the profile

Moved to Integration

is there a mod out there that does this as part of it....I could just edit the mod to suit my needs.

sorry about posting this in the wrong forum.

Cheers

Nick

Illustration Community

i figured it out now no worries

I simply added two new entires to the table 'users'.

then I duplicated the 'include post in comment' stuff in profile and renamed it to match my database entries.

the bits to alter are at lines 827, 897 and 1472 of the profile.php file.  (the line numbers are approx).

Maybe this will help someone else...feel free to e-mail if you want help with this same trouble.

Cheers

Nick

Illustration Community