Topic: images instead of text links

Hi

So I'm sure this has been asked before and i did search around but nothing was that helpful...

I also read the wiki but that only shows you how to put a background image underneath a link.

I want to know how i would make text links in punbb into images.

I would like to change certain links in punbb to png images.

For example maybe the post reply button or the email button(under peoples avatars) could become little icons of a envelope or something.

How should I get started...what is the correct way of doing this?

Thankyou

Nick

Punbb w/coppermine and wordpress integrated

see my hack to integrate punbb with wordpress comment system.
Illustration Community

Re: images instead of text links

just of the top of my head (haven't tried it, don't know for sure if it would work), you may be able to open the lang files where the text "E-mail" is stored and insert an img tag... same would go for "Post reply"

i read on this forum somewhere that someone did that and it looked all wrong...there must be a better way of doing it

Illustration Community

edit viewtopic and remove the references to the $lang_common['E-mail'] (or whatever you wanted to change), open up viewforum and look for $lang_forum['Post topic'] and add the image html. it should come out to be the same thing, except when you edit the lang files, you keep the localization functionality.  plus editing a lang file is easier.

hey i'm sorry you are right the language file thingy does indeed work perfectly and easliy...for some reason I read a thread very similar to this one and the guy was saying that it diddn't work as expected

...but hey it works a treat, thanks.

Illustration Community