Topic: Mediawiki intergration

It seems like there is no intergration with teh Mediawiki software and that is an pitty. This forum software should be the perfect add on for Mediawiki sites to discuss items on the wiki.
Anyone knows something about this?

Re: Mediawiki intergration

Looking at my crystal ball, I envision being able to use PunBB embedded into you app of choice.

Stay tuned smile

Oh goodie, i am excited.
Where is the best place to stay tuned? Are you working yourself on it?

buxx wrote:

It seems like there is no intergration with teh Mediawiki software and that is an pitty. This forum software should be the perfect add on for Mediawiki sites to discuss items on the wiki.
Anyone knows something about this?

I thought I saw one, I'll take a look later

buxx wrote:

Where is the best place to stay tuned?

The dev team is working on it: http://dev.punbb.org/report/1

There's been some discussion about MediaWiki integration at Punres, although I'm not quite sure whether that topic contains a workable solution.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

please please please post a simple how to for linking mediawiki and punbb users!

a million thanks!

hcgtv wrote:

Looking at my crystal ball, I envision being able to use PunBB embedded into you app of choice.

Stay tuned smile

browsing the dev site i noticed this little gem:

http://dev.punbb.org/ticket/50

big_smile

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

but not much seems to happen on it. I already saw some posts that people have managed this already - I think we just need some "how to" docs written??

egg wrote:

but not much seems to happen on it. I already saw some posts that people have managed this already - I think we just need some "how to" docs written??

Because 1.3 isn't done yet. Our plan is to make integration far simpler for 1.3 wink

yeah, sorry I didn't mean the 'overall intergration experience'... but more that there seems to be a way to link mediawiki and punbb, some folks have already done it (there's code etc floating around on this forum), but we just need someone to write a dummies guide (i think?!)

I would really like to do this too ... (I am a dummy as well...)

What I would like most in the world is a MediaWiki extension that turns the 'tak' page into a punBB forum, allowing a threaded discussion board behind each page.

Would this be possible with 1000's of pages?

Each talk page would be like "Index » Page Name" with discussion threads being "Index » Page Name » Thread". This would all take place within the 'talk' tab of the MediaWiki talk page, with the 'Index' link above leading to a 'Special' page listing all the different 'forums' (talk pages) on the site.

Is that what everyone else is thinking? So far as I understand it the majority of the current discussion has been of the nature 'how do we synchronize login', but I am not sure if the question of 'how do we put PunBB in a MediaWiki page' has also been considered.

Thanks for the brilliant software, and thanks for the great ideas!

faceface: There's one issue with that, which is that PunBB doesn't do threaded discussions
Plus, I'm not so sure how easy it would be to integrate those systems (I know next to nothing about MediaWiki, so I don't know how easy it is to completely replace the Talk page system tongue)

Smartys wrote:

faceface: There's one issue with that, which is that PunBB doesn't do threaded discussions

I'm quite sure he meant that he would like to have several threads per page, as in one forum per page.

Jansson wrote:
Smartys wrote:

I'm quite sure he meant that he would like to have several threads per page, as in one forum per page.

I wasn't so sure, since wiki talk pages I've seen are typically real threaded discussions