Topic: Trying to install punbb forums

Cames up with this error:

Warning: require(./include/dblayer/mysqli.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.miri/brentsether/counter-strike-s.com/forums/install.php on line 339

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required './include/dblayer/mysqli.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/.miri/brentsether/counter-strike-s.com/forums/install.php on line 339

Please help

Re: Trying to install punbb forums

Moved to troubleshooting.

Well, first of all, is that file (mysqli.php) uploaded?

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Secondly, what about the file permissions? is that file set to be readable by all? some servers might even require you to set it to executable by all too tongue

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;

None of this was helpful.

Thanks to Mark! it was missing a file named common.php

Cheers Mark!

Greetings everyone.....

I have entered "uncharted waters" by trying to add a forum to my RW 3.5.1 (Build 264) website.   

Based on the recommendations on this subject in the RealMac forum, I chose PunBB.  It seemed to fit my needs, based on my limited experience in this area.

The RealMac tutorial in this forum (#7501) seemed to be rather straight forward to me.  I was pretty proud of myself, as every step outlined seem to go without a hitch.

BUT.... when I try to go to the "index.php" page, this message panel is displayed:

"An error was encountered
Error:  Unable to fetch the forum config"

This is where my technical skills end.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I should do next"

Thanks in advance for your help

ChuckR

Could you enable debug mode?

I'm not sure what that process involves.....  Was your questions directed to my post, or to one of the others?

Cheers

ChuckR

ChuckR wrote:

I'm not sure what that process involves.....  Was your questions directed to my post, or to one of the others?

Cheers

ChuckR

I believe his post was directed at you smile
Here are instructions for enabling debug mode:
http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2658

Thanks for the tip....

I have enabled DEBUG, and tryed to rerun the process again.  This is the expanded version of the error msg:

"An error was encountered
File: /home/.dempsey/madwest1/madwest1958.org/forum/include/cache.php
Line: 84

PunBB reported: Unable to fetch forum config

Database reported: Table 'mw_forum.mw58_config' doesn't exist (Errno: 1146)"

Now, can anyone give me some guidance on were to go next/

Many Thanks

Really lost!

ChuckR

Did you encounter any errors when installing, or did you change the table prefix in config.php?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have been working on this project over the past two days, but I can't recall any problems with the installation.

Here is what my config.php file looks like: (I have blocked out the user name and PW)

<?php

$db_type = 'mysql';
$db_host = 'mysql.madwest1958.org';
$db_name = 'mw_forum';
$db_username = '#######';
$db_password = '#######';
$db_prefix = 'mw58_';
$p_connect = false;

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = '7c3376b9';

define('PUN', 1);

Thanks again

ChuckR

Well, do you have access to phpMyAdmin? Check if the tables are there.

When I use the link provided by my host, I get to the  phpMyAdmin dsplay panel.

In the left column, there is a window "Database".  The window has a dropdown list, containing the following:

"Information Schema (16)
mw_forum (17)"

The second ("mw_forum") matchs the table name I assigned during the original setup process.

Is using the underbar (_) in the table name causing any problems?

Am I getting close?

ChuckR

So do you have a table mw58_config in mw_forum?

I think I found the problem, but am not sure how to correct.

When I chose "mw_forum" from the database dropdown list, it displayed what appears to be a table listing for "mw-forum".

All of the tables in the list begin with "mw59"_xxxx, instead of "mw58".  After seeing this,  I vaguely recall typing mw59 during the setup, but thought that I had caught the error before submitted the setup.  I guess not.  Can all of those table names be corrected, or should I change the "prefix" config.php file to "mw58"?

ChuckR

I would change the prefix in the config file, it's easier than renaming the tables

Thanks for your diligence..... I thought that would be your suggestion, and made the change, and it WORKS!!!!

Thanks again.

Cheers!

ChuckR

Im getting this error

An error occured on line 58 in file d:\hosting\troublesome\forums\include\dblayer\mysql.php.

PunBB reported: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Ive seen it mentioned about a Config.php file? Yet I know nothing about this. What your seeing above I get, after I go to my install.php through my domain and I fill in all the fields. I hit enter and I get this error.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html
If you have the choice of MySQL Improved, choose it. Otherwise, you'll need to follow one of the steps there to change MySQL to work on the "old" system wink

I actually am using MySQL 4.1

I have the option of both, so for the hell of it I may just try 5.0

I appreciate the link as well, and I consider myself pretty good with computeres but.....some of this stuff I dont understand. Though Im trying to teach myself.

MySQL 4.1 isn't the issue, the issue is the MySQL library you use in PHP. My suggestion was that when you install PunBB, if you have the choice you should choose "MySQL Improved" from the dropdown menu.
Otherwise, upgrading MySQL won't fix the issue smile

I see, it doesnt give me the option for "MySQL Improved".....so do I need to download an older version of PunBB perhaps?

And I appreciate your patience

No, the version of PunBB doesn't matter.

I'll try to explain this a little better

MySQL prior to 4.1 used a certain authentication protocol. Lets call it Protocol A.
When 4.1 was released, MySQL changed to using a new protocol. Lets call it Protocol B.
Now, every programming language needed to release an updated version of its MySQL support to deal with the new protocol. PHP did that with the "MySQL Improved" extension.
If you use the regular MySQL extension, you're connecting using the old protocol (A). If you try to connect to a server using the newer protocol (B), you get the error you got.

Now, I linked you to this before, but I'm doing it again
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html
I'll even quote the relevant part of it:

To solve this problem, you should use one of the following approaches:

* Upgrade all client programs to use a 4.1.1 or newer client library.
    * When connecting to the server with a pre-4.1 client program, use an account that still has a pre-4.1-style password.
    * Reset the password to pre-4.1 style for each user that needs to use a pre-4.1 client program. This can be done using the SET PASSWORD statement and the OLD_PASSWORD() function:

mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR
          -> 'some_user'@'some_host' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd');

Alternatively, use UPDATE and FLUSH PRIVILEGES:

mysql> UPDATE mysql.user SET Password = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd')
          -> WHERE Host = 'some_host' AND User = 'some_user';
      mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Substitute the password you want to use for ?newpwd? in the preceding examples. MySQL cannot tell you what the original password was, so you'll need to pick a new one.

* Tell the server to use the older password hashing algorithm:
         1. Start mysqld with the --old-passwords option.
         2. Assign an old-format password to each account that has had its password updated to the longer 4.1 format. You can identify these accounts with the following query:

mysql> SELECT Host, User, Password FROM mysql.user
                -> WHERE LENGTH(Password) > 16;

For each account record displayed by the query, use the Host and User values and assign a password using the OLD_PASSWORD() function and either SET PASSWORD or UPDATE, as described earlier.

My suggestion would be to use the third or fourth suggestion from above, since the first is impossible (you lack the newer library).

Does it matter where I put this in my MySQL.php file?

What MySQL.php file? hmm