1 (edited by NetworkShadow 2007-03-12 15:13)

Topic: Automated News Generator?

Hello.

I run an art board called Untitled Image, and I'm about to do a redesign and revamp. I would like to to setup an "art blog" that is generated by users' posts in specific forums. The News Generator plug-in is almost exactly what I need, except it's static and not dynamically updated with any new posts. I was wondering if anyone knows of a plug-in or simple hack to accomplish this?

I don't really want a CMS, but just a way to output post content that I can format with CSS into a blog with comment links to the threads.

Will 1.3 support such features? Should I wait for 1.3 and use the News Generator plug-in for now?

Thanks!

EDIT: I did a little digging in the past threads here and found this: http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7552&p=1
Would this still work with the current punbb version? Would it be an easy way to accomplish what I want? Is there a better method?

Thanks again!

Re: Automated News Generator?

Yes, I believe it does work with PunBB 1.2.x, and from the sound of your request it is indeed what you want.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Is there an actual release of this hack? I'll dig around more but I'd appreciate any links.

Thanks.

The link in the original post?

His "[Release?]" tag in the subject line makes it look like an un-finished hack. I was just wondering if anyone knows if he posted a "1.0" of his hack. I guess not? I'll give it a try.