Topic: Extensions and Languages in 1.3

I was just wondering what is going to be the psuedo standard on language files and extensions in 1.3? Do you want developers to modify a language's array, or create a new language file that the end user will have to upload?

2 (edited by guardian34 2007-03-15 00:56)

Re: Extensions and Languages in 1.3

I was going to wait and see how it's done in the private message extension (or whatever the developers get out first)?

Edit: ?or a blog post? wink

3 (edited by Mediator|Work 2007-03-15 00:54)

Well I've already started developing for 1.3 based on whats there, to help avoid downtime or waiting possibly weeks for extension developement when 1.3 comes out...

Language files are just arrays, so you can define them in a hook on the page you want and merge them with the array?

How do you handle translations that your extension doesn't support?

I'd fall back to english when the specified language isn't included in the extension.

I think the idea is, extensions would have a language folder in their own folder with a file for each language and to fall back on a default language (english in most cases I would guess) if the users selected language isn't avaliable.

Connorhd wrote:

I think the idea is, extensions would have a language folder in their own folder with a file for each language and to fall back on a default language (english in most cases I would guess) if the users selected language isn't avaliable.

Confirmed smile

Jansson wrote:
Connorhd wrote:

Confirmed smile

Thanks. smile