Topic: Allowing PM's for admin with the Private Messaging Mod

Hello all.

Just wishing to enquire as to whether I may be missing something, what I have to double check/update, or whether the option is unavailable. With the PM mod, everything is working fine, (big thanks for the mod), but I can't find any way of enabling PM's for the admin. The plugin has options for members and mods, but nowt for admin. I've looked through the archives, but for the life of me can't find a way to enable it.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Re: Allowing PM's for admin with the Private Messaging Mod

I believe admins always have permission.

I don't see any messages link for the admin. If I go directly to the message_list.php page, I get this message in the info box:

You do not have permission to access this page.

It's not you, I stumbled upon the same issue.
I fixed it in a slightly modded version of the PM plugin you can find here: http://hjh.passys.nl (in the punbb folder).

Actually the main reason for this modded version was that I needed postgresql support; this fix was just a side issue.

Hendrik-Jan

Matt, you might want to check the database to see if the permission was set for admins when the mod was installed.

HJH wrote:

It's not you, I stumbled upon the same issue.
I fixed it in a slightly modded version of the PM plugin you can find here: http://hjh.passys.nl (in the punbb folder).

Actually the main reason for this modded version was that I needed postgresql support; this fix was just a side issue.

Hendrik-Jan

Thanks ever so much for that. It now works a treat. smile Ironically, I downloaded your package the other day for the install_mod file as I too needed the postgresql support, (so I owe you a big thanks for that as well), but I never realised it also contained the solution to this problem. big_smile Once again, thanks ever so much.

7 (edited by MattF 2007-03-18 23:01)

guardian34 wrote:

Matt, you might want to check the database to see if the permission was set for admins when the mod was installed.

I applied the differences from that updated package that HJH has created, and it's working a treat now. Cheers. smile