Topic: TxP IDE

Over the last week, I put together a templating mechanism for Textpattern.

Now, let me clarify that I've been using Textpattern for over a year now, so last week's work took a year's worth of pondering. Which is why I cringe on what's best type of posts, well run it for a year and see wink

Today, I put up the TxP IDE forum. I went with the CrystalBlue style, added a background image and changed the margins to match up with the main site. Thanks to Nevethir, who I noticed was running PunBB 1.3 dev, for the style. Who knows, there may be a CrystalX look for PunBB 1.3 one day.

While configuring the forum, I came up with a poor man's integration scheme:

Textpattern has a fancy url sheme called section/title:
http://txpide.com/releases/txp-ide-r2254
PunBB 1.3 could have one like, forum/title:
http://txpide.net/releases/txp-ide-r2254

So on the front end, you program a button that builds the url scheme to link to the topic for discussion. There are caveats, the particular forum that a front end section links to cannot be allowed to have member postings, the moderator or admin controls adding new posts. Forum naming should match the front end for it to work, or else you need a lot of if's.

Poor man's integration is complete, write a story on the front end, copy paste it to a Textile enabled PunBB forum, just remember to use the same title. Oh, and one last thing, the title has to be unique but you can use this method for certain sections, product releases, etc. Your blog section could still work off of comments, if the chance of a unique title makes you uneasy.

Re: TxP IDE

that style for your front is impressive. one can only hope it gets ported to PunBB/1.3.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

one can only hope it gets ported to PunBB/1.3.

I'd like to eventually style the forum to match the front end, so yes, my CrystalX ball shows a Pun Style in the future.

soon it will hehe.. the crystalx punbb style.... coming soon to a threater near you!!

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!