Topic: Date format

Hi all,

I'm migrating one Yahoo Groups list to PunBB. I have all messages ready to import, except that I don't understand the PunBB format date. 

I need to convert this format "Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:32:21" to PunnBB format. Inside the PunBB MySQL tables I have this '1174525126'  but I don't know how to interpret this.

Please, some help!!

thanks,

Re: Date format

PunBB stores the date information as a Unix Timestamp.

Take a look at the function strtotime, I think it will solve your problem:
http://se.php.net/manual/sv/function.strtotime.php

OMG!  A Chacmool post O.O

That's something you don't see everyday big_smile

.. ok.  Thanks! 

Before start with this, I was reviewing several board systems before choosing PunBB. I choose PunBB because it's very speedy, clean and well-builded. Congratulations to the developers.

I'm making a PHP script to migrate a whole Yahoo list inside PunBB.  I have extracted the list using a third perl utility, and now I'm trying to parse the files with around 4.000 messages. Later I plane inserting them in PunBB tables and processing them.

If there is more people with experiences in this matter, please send me your thoughts!.

thanks smile

If you are used to coding PHP it won't be any problems at all. Just read the files from the perl-script and insert the data into the punbb database. Make sure to make the script reload the page several times as it will timeout if you don't. If you have any questions just ask, I made the converter that you can find on the punbb downloads page so I have lost of experience from it smile

6 (edited by svo 2007-04-02 10:41)

Just to say I have finished the importation of the Yahoo list.

It was a little headache, specially to polish the different messages codifications. At the other, exportation towards PunBB was quite easy.
I leave his message here so if somebody need some comments just write me.

Is there any way I can change the date/time formatting without re-running install.php?

I'd like to change Y-m-d to y-m-d, etc..

Yes, it's a setting in the board's options.