Topic: sub forums question

i have sub forums installed and have a question.

if you click on a forum in the index, you will be taken to that forum and the sub forums.

if you post in one of the sub forums, how can you make the little square on the index change colour  to show new posts have been made in one of the subforums?

thanks

2 (edited by naitkris 2007-04-02 01:34)

Re: sub forums question

don't think this is implemented. perhaps request it in the Sub Forums Mod thread? someone who has a little bit of time will fix it to do so at some point hopefully.

i was hoping could help me here tongue

anyone please?

I understand what you're saying and this is something I asked for in the thread naitkris provided you with. What the author did for me was to show the date with a link of any new posts that reside in the sub-forums. I would think it would be far to much coding to implement what you're asking for. This is just my opinion. Also, your requests will confuse users because how would they know that the new post is in the parent or the sub?

it takes a lot of coding just to change the colour of the square when someone posts in a subforum?

p0Wer wrote:

it takes a lot of coding just to change the colour of the square when someone posts in a subforum?

Yup; at least, i cant find an easy way to do it.

FIND

if ($cur_forum['moderators'] != '')
    {
        $mods_array = unserialize($cur_forum['moderators']);
        $moderators = array();

while (list($mod_username, $mod_id) = @each($mods_array))
            $moderators[] = '<a href="profile.php?id='.$mod_id.'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($mod_username).'</a>';

$moderators = "\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<p><em>('.$lang_common['Moderated by'].'</em> '.implode(', ', $moderators).')</p>'."\n";
    }

AFTER, ADD

if (!empty($sfdb))
            {
                foreach ($sfdb as $sub_forums)
                {
                    if ($cur_forum['fid'] == $sub_forums[0] && !$pun_user['is_guest'] && $sub_forums[5] > $pun_user['last_visit'])
                    {
                        $item_status = 'inew';
                        $icon_text = $lang_common['New icon'];
                        $icon_type = 'icon inew';
                    }
                }
            }

9 (edited by naitkris 2007-04-22 14:10)

good job Smartys - Sub Forum Mod updated to version 1.0.9.2.

No problem smile

SMARTYS FTW!