1 (edited by vin100 2007-04-16 18:01)

Topic: List of hardcoded languages definitions

Here a list of hardcoded languages definitions thats could be moved to language pack. I know in the majority of the cases that is admin related, and that it is probably the reason for which this is hardcoded, in this cases take it like a "post-it".

To minimalize I have replaced variables by "%s" like in sprintf function, or simply cut string with "..."

footer.php

line 109 : Powered by
line 118 : Generated in %d seconds, %d queries executed

header.php

line 180 : There are new reports
line 183 : Maintenance mode is enabled!

misc.php

line 204 : Report
line 205 : User %s has reported the following message ... Reason

moderate.php

line 53 : The IP address is: ... Show more users for this IP

post.php

line 476 : Guest

profile.php

line 221 : Alert - Banned e-mail detected
line 222 : User %s changed to banned e-mail address ... Do not reply to this message)

line 239 : Alert - Duplicate e-mail detected
line 240 : User %s changed to an e-mail address that also belongs to ... Do not reply to this message)

line 543 : Administrators cannot be deleted ... you must first move him/her to a different user group.

register.php

line 86 : A new user was registered with the same IP address ...  Sorry for the inconvenience.

line 206 : Alert - Banned e-mail detected
line 207 : User %s registered with banned e-mail ... Do not reply to this message)

line 215 : Alert - Duplicate e-mail detected
line 216 : User %s registered with an e-mail address ... Do not reply to this message)

line 224 : Alert - New registration
line 225 : User %s registered in the forums ... Do not reply to this message)

search.php

line 581 : Replies:

----

Another thing about translations ; the punctuation marks should be included in the definitions of languages pack, not hardcoded. Because for example in english we wrote : "Guests online: 12" and in french we have to put a space between the two points like this : "Guests online : 12"

Same things for question marks and others punctuation marks. smile

Re: List of hardcoded languages definitions

Great, thanks. I believe we've fixed a few of these in 1.3, but it never hurts to double check.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."