Topic: Mega Pun 2.00

After lots of hard work trying to get everything to work well with Mega Pun. After numerous attempts to get the left/right blocks working right with all popular browsers, I think we've managed to get it working right this time. It is currently being used on http://shedrockonline.com and you can also download it from our files section.

Just to refresh everyone's memory about Mega Pun.

Mega Pun is nothing more than punBB. Mega Pun as the name implies is exactly that. There are MEGA mods/plugins included and all pre setup for people who do not want to take on the task themselves. Please feel free to download it and give me some feedback. I would also like to thank tinytim (http://sooblogs.com) again for his ongoing help and support.

Thanks
Shedrock / Bingiman

2 (edited by quaker 2007-05-22 15:25)

Re: Mega Pun 2.00

dreaming or wish list...

1. calendar
2. gallery
3. nake women
4. cold beer

ok in any order!

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

lol - I will definitely work on the Calendar and Gallery. I am lost regarding the other 2. Well, at least 1 of them. big_smile

lol
let me know if i can help...

dont i know you from somewhere?

Q

Shedrock of PHPFusion fame. big_smile

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

dr j, im me when you can....

Nice, but I could do without the cold bears. Warm bears, on the other hand, are quite secksy.

lol i just seen that and fixed it...
thanks!

ok shedrock, i like it
like it a lot!!!
i wanted to do the same thing and i don't think it's gonna happen anymore
anyways... could you post some screenshots of the backoffice... how much can you configure? can you configure where the blocks are and stuff or which template to use (blocks on one side, blocks on two sides,...)?

FluxBB - v1.4.8

In this version I got rid of the left/right switchable blocks. It was only implemented because I could not get the layout to work right with all the different browsers out there, then I kept at it and noticed that punres uses percentages for their layout so I tried it and this seems to have worked along with some minor tweaking. In some screens you will see the left blocks enabled and in others the left/right blocks are off. I had to do this to allow narrow width themes to work without breaking the layout of the theme. Unfortunately I didn't have much of a choice. The way Mega Pun is laid out is the best solution I could come up with. As much as I like using DIVS, they certainly aren't as flexible and forgiving as tables. If it were up to me I would have punBB using strictly tables. You can do so much more with them.

How do I disable the Latest Active Topics option?

answered on http://shedrockonline.com

if you need left and right blocks use the portal.tpl system.  i have did that before where the frontpage uses the left block and main area.
but once you click on the forum,gallery,blogs,calendar and etc.
Q

quaker wrote:

3. nake women
4. cold beer

I think them 2 cover my wishlist big_smile

15 (edited by wobo 2007-06-19 11:57)

As long as you do not have a gallery included, is there a gallery to be recommended to run with MegaPun?

BTW: This MegaPun solved a lot of my problems, switching a large forum from SMF to punbb - as SMF has all the bells&whistles and users don't like when features are taken away! So, all I need now is a fine gallery like the zoom gallery in Joomla! (in case somebody knows it - see http://www.mandrivauser.de/index.php?op … ;Itemid=75

wobo

PS: No need for items #3 and #4, there's already plenty of both around....

FSFE Fellow #359 - The Freedom of Knowledge is a Human Right

pbb_gallery
or my lightbox gallery.
search punres.org

Q

Thx, will do as soon as punres is available again, seems to be down ATM. sad
BTW: Did you see where you get when you search for 'lightbox' in Google? Another image display app (java)

wobo

that's what is Lightbox but there is a gallery using it

Now I looked at PBB Gallery v2 - it does not work out of the box, but looking at an example at somebody's website I saw that there is not much of the functions I need in a photo gallery. Same goes for lightbox. It works but does not provide what I need. 

I need a gallery with (listed by importance):
- dia show (display images of one category (or folder) as a dia show) - very important
- registered user's comments - very important
- Exif information - important
- shopping basket (mark multiple images for download in one zip file) - not really important
- batch upload option - not really important
Look at the link I gave above and you'll know what I mean.

ATM I have all this with Zoom Gallery but I want to get rid of Joomla!, so Zoom is no longer an option. Anybody knows other gallery software which provides those features listed above?

wobo

coppermine. someone made a patch file for it.

Q

Thx, that's the thing I needed. Works great, has most of the features I need and integrates in punbb nicely (using the ACL of punbb).

And for this thread here: it works ok with MegaPun! smile

wobo

I'd like this if it were just the forum and not the portal all together. That said, though, I love what has been done with PunBB here. Great work.

Sodacake wrote:

I'd like this if it were just the forum and not the portal all together. That said, though, I love what has been done with PunBB here. Great work.

sodacake i use the style from MP on one of my site with permission of the designer... of MP...

Q

What I meant was with the mods and such. Really the only thing I'd like PunBB to have is Polls and PM's and that's about it but I'm too lazy to install them myself tongue

lol.. ok..

Q