1 (edited by jgpippin 2007-08-16 13:41)

Topic: Show support for Rivals Clan/Ladder/Tournament mod

Fellow by the name of A.I. Bot created a really fascinating phpBB extension called phpBB Rivals.  It's a clan/ladder/tournament (and coming soon, /league) extension that allows the creation of gaming clans with a tournament structure.  Full tournament management, rankings, all that jazz. 

Really great stuff for RPGs, online gaming leagues, dart tournaments, any community that involves tiered competition.  And with a couple of mods to the language file, it can really be adjusted for just about anything, if you'd like to move the terminology away from online gaming.

As a punBB user, I asked the guy (who also makes a Vanilla port) if he was interested in making a punBB mod out of the extension.  He said he'd be happy to consider it if there was a sizeable interest.  He needs to prioritize his work according to demand, understandably, because it's quite popular in the forum software environments it's currently developed for.

So he suggested I put up a post to poke about and see if the interest exists.  All I'd ask is that if you're interested you reply back with a quick "Hell yeah" plus any lols, roxors, or rotfls you'd like to toss in.  That way I can hopefully show him the discussion as proof that the interest exists, and convince him to set about creating a mod for our light 'n lovely forum baby.

Re: Show support for Rivals Clan/Ladder/Tournament mod

hell yeah
tell him to make it

Yes, make it please.

Look brillant

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Great idea, actually perfect!  Exactly what I need.

Hell yeah WHOA!!

Would be a really useful mod.