1 (edited by yeehawjared 2007-08-29 05:02)

Topic: showing off my website integration

http://www.guitarvideotabs.com/

I integrated site authentication on every page, as well as last X forum posts onto the main page.

If anyone needs help / code just let me know.  By the way, the site just went live today so there isn't much content in the forums yet.

edit:
help digg this to the front page of digg.com if you like this site smile
http://digg.com/music/Work_on_your_guit … ar_players

Re: showing off my website integration

What a super cool site and punbb integration. Nice style on the site overall too.
Great work.

thanks a lot...  100% hand coded in php...  You wouldn't believe the amount of time I've poured into this project!  Should be great when the next version of PunBB comes out - the clean URL option is very attractive.  Thanks again for the comment, hope this site really takes off!

Thats a great site. can i ask a few questions-

1.  How do you get videos listed like that in WP ?
2.  I've installed WP and punBB , now I want punBB displayed in a page. What quicktag should i use ?
3.  how did you create the 'upload' page ?

Thanks

Great work. The only thing I don't like is the a hover on the board navigation. Makes it hard to read the text when the blue highlight appears over the white text.

I'm actually not using WordPress... 100% hand coded CMS in PHP.  I hand coded the upload as well, using uber-upload.
http://uber-uploader.sourceforge.net/

I wrote some linux shell scripts that convert the incoming videos to FLV using ffmpeg. Feel free to shoot me any php questions  you may have, but I won't be able to help with WP, as I've never used it.

Okay, I like the site. Like, a lot. I have a question for you though: How would I make it so that certain things show up only when the user is logged in?

easy... here's the php I use for my login menu at the very top (which changes options when someone is logged in).  Basically if user == guest, show them A if not (else) show B.

function login_menu(){
    global $pun_user;
    if ($pun_user['is_guest']){
        $stroutput= '
        <form id="login" method="post" action="/forum/login.php?action=in" onsubmit="return process_form(this)">
        <p>
        <input type="hidden" name="form_sent" value="1"/>
        <input type="hidden" name="redirect_url" value="'.$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'].'?'.$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'].'"/>
        <label for="req_username">user / pass</label>
        <input type="text" id="req_username" name="req_username" size="10" maxlength="25"/>
        <label for="req_password"></label>
        <input type="password" id="req_password" name="req_password" size="10" maxlength="16"/>
        <input type="submit" name="login" value="Login" class="submit"/>
        [<a href="/forum/register.php">Register</a>] 
        </p>
        </form>
    ';
    }else{
        $stroutput= '<p>Logged in as: '.pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_user['username']).' [<a href="/forum/login.php?action=out&id='.$pun_user['id'].'">Logout</a>]</p>';
    }
    echo $stroutput; 
}

very sweet site...

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

quaker wrote:

very sweet site...

Q

agreed.  great job man.

11 (edited by dude07 2007-10-28 17:58)

Being a guitar player on dialup makes me a sad panda.

Is the "save me" download link supposed to allow saving of the video to the hard drive? At the moment it just acts as a link to the url...

Cool website!!

How do you change the redirection script. So that when I login, i wont be redirected to the forum's index instead should be redirected to my referrer?

Yeehawjared, Great job. smile
A little question where in WP,  you have code of your login menu ? It's your own plugin ?

Benoît V.
My Board

14 (edited by yeehawjared 2007-12-06 23:47)

Bloody wrote:

Yeehawjared, Great job. smile
A little question where in WP,  you have code of your login menu ? It's your own plugin ?

Not using WordPress - custom CSS for the layout.  The php code is posted above.  Let me know if you run into any problems.

in login.php change the last line (i think this is how i did it, it's been a long time)

if (isset($_POST['form_sent']) && $action == 'in')
{

... (lots of stuff here)

redirect(htmlspecialchars($_POST['redirect_url']), $lang_login['Login redirect']);
}

hook me up with a digg if you've found this helpful... thanks!!
http://digg.com/music/Work_on_your_guit … ar_players

yeehawjared wrote:

I'm actually not using WordPress... 100% hand coded CMS in PHP.  I hand coded the upload as well, using uber-upload.
http://uber-uploader.sourceforge.net/

I wrote some linux shell scripts that convert the incoming videos to FLV using ffmpeg. Feel free to shoot me any php questions  you may have, but I won't be able to help with WP, as I've never used it.

this is not wordpress!!

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!