Topic: Integration problem - Include Punbb with a $page PHP variable

Hi guys, I've seen posts from people with similar plans to me but nothing specific, here goes; Please be patient, I'm new to this stuff.

I want to build our redesigned site based on basic php, using a standard template (called index.php) which has my layout, header, and sidebar etc. and bring in various content pages with a php variable, ie $page or similar. IE "www.mysite.com/index.php?page=home"    etc...

So far I have integrated Punbb into the old (current) site by modifying main.tpl to include the same header/footer etc as the rest of the old site. (just cut/pasting the existing html into main.tpl). Groovy, but how can I include Punbb into my new template file using a PHP variable? I've tried including "forum/index.php" with no luck. (don't laugh!) wink

I have started trying to work backwards, ie making separate header and footer files and sticking them in the include/user directory and using pun_include to grab them, but then it gets real messy with my <head> and <body> tags doubling up, css files not getting referenced... messy.

Singapore gallery has a handy file called external.php or something which is designed just for this purpose, is there something similar or easy I can do to include punbb into my template?

Cheers

Re: Integration problem - Include Punbb with a $page PHP variable

No, because the PUN_ROOT will be defined wrong for all the files, which means the requires will fail.
Editing main.tpl is by far the easiest way to integrate it.

Re: Integration problem - Include Punbb with a $page PHP variable

No worries, I've made a basic php page template now so I include my header and footer files from the includes/template/user directory, so I can access them from both main.tpl and my standard page template.
Thanks