Topic: Some advise please.. 1.2 or 1.3

Hello!

First can I just say, where has PunBB been all my life? :blush: Seriously, compliant, small, fast, bloat free.. everything I`ve seen thus far is all good.

Just one gripe, which version to go for? 1.2 is good but 1.3 looks a lot better.

I have both installed in wamp and 1.3 does have a few options in the acp that when disabled actually stay enabled, but it`s not crashing and blowing up my box or anything...

So is 1.3 strictly for a dev box or is it safe to throw on a live server and use it as my main forum?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work on this gem smile

Re: Some advise please.. 1.2 or 1.3

1.3 is not even in an alpha state yet, which is why it's only in SVN. So no, it is not ready for production usage wink
I would be curious to know what options don't disable though, since I can't think of any that don't off the top of my head.

3 (edited by oneless 2007-09-24 10:32)

Ah ok 1.2 it is then, do you know of a theme that resembles 1.3 by any chance?

One of the options is "Add a quick post form at the foot of topics." Un-check it click save changes, it`s checked again and not disabled. Can`t remember what the second one was will have a look.

Thanks!

EDIT
can`t remember the other one, will get back to you if it comes to me.

EDIT2
That was it.. Silent edit isn`t silent.

Confirmed and fixed

5 (edited by oneless 2007-09-24 10:40)

Fix confirmed and second one came to me.. silent edit isn`t silent.

Good job.

Works for me: if I edit a post, it doesn't alter the last edited stuff

Ah, false alarm. I thought if that was checked it would remove the line alltogether. Thinking about it I prefer that it`s just not updated instead of removed altogether. Sorry bout that.