Topic: Moderators

I was wondering if it would be posibly to copy the moderators usergroup in the database and reinsert it as a new usergroup so that you could have 2 moderator positions with different acesses.

Example set so one has the abilities to ban and another just moderate forms with no banning privledges.

Heres is really what im looking to do.

Im starting a project which will require mulitple groups to put together this whole project. all which I want to be set to there own individual groups and color coded with the color user group mod but at the same time i want these people to be able to moderate there section of the forums. And then I just want the regular moderator group to to a full access as like a director of the board where they can ban for reasons if needed(even though there is like a 99% chance this wont happen i stil lwant the ability.)

Then finally the administrators would just be the same so no emssing there.

Can this be done easily?

Re: Moderators

Multiple moderator groups are not a feature of 1.2, they are a feature in the currently under development 1.3.
Implementing multiple moderator groups takes more than just "copying" a row in the database.
And the ability to ban, etc is currently a board-wide setting, but it does make more sense as a usergroup setting. I'll bring it up.

Re: Moderators

ok thanks